Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reg in az with fish & game liv. in cal. +'s/-'s

22EXTREME
    what are the positives & negitives to reg in az. as a non resident,have there been any legal problems ????????

Wonderboy
    I just registered my boat in AZ. It's way more than Cali registration but cheaper than me because I would have to pay about a thousand bucks a year in personal property tax. I heard that technically your supposed to register your boat wherever you do most of your boating.

phebus
    Negative is higher annual registration cost, positive is no luxury tax. Depending what your boat is worth, and what you pay in luxury tax will be the deciding factor. The annual registration fee for non resident registration just went up, so you need to check into it. Boatcop posted the amounts a little while back. You might want to check with him, or do a search. You must do aat least 51% of your boating iin AZ to register in AZ.

22EXTREME
    Thanks guys i appriciate the info hope do due more down there just wanted to know if ill get hasseled in nor cal when im here????

NorCalCat
    Thanks guys i appriciate the info hope do due more down there just wanted to know if ill get hasseled in nor cal when im here????
    Get'er done. Never been hasteled and I live in Nor Cal. Save your $$$$ put it towards gas. Or better yet insurance!

acatitude
    mine is reg thru fish and game in az, but i was notified that next year the reg. will probably double if you cant prove you are a resident and second home doesnt count. then I will see if its worth the luxury tax savings or not. ive never been bothered in cali and my trailer is reg here also, just vessel in az.

TCHB
    The Arizona Fees will go way up next year. It looks like they will almost double for out of state residents.

100+Placecraft
    non resident reg. is going from approx. $90 a year to something like $250. If you have a drivers licsense or file your income taxes in AZ you can do a resident, and its going up to I think $34. I dont think those are the exact numbers but there really close.

acatitude
    well if i can value my boat at 100 bucks i may just go back to cali

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    What do you guys pay to register them big ass boats anyway????? I pay $12 a year here in az for my lil ol' 18 kachina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast