Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speaker Wire

BADASS38CHEVY
    CarbonMarine doesn't know squat! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: And I don't really care.
    Your not running enough current throught the wire notice the difference in speaker wire. Personally I would use 14 to 16 gauge wire, even for the subs. AC is a whole different animal than DC.
    PS. ROZ just likes to use big words!
    That pretty much sums it up,thanks

57American
    Hey Roz-
    Hah hah hah! Mind is made up.

I think I am going to go get my silver braided directional Kimber Cable out of the attic. SHIATT! I lost my speaker wire polarity tester, now how am I going to figure out which end to connect to the speaker? :squiggle:
    'Probably doesn't matter too much, that wire is a few years old now, and probably is tarnished all the way through.

ROZ
    Hey Roz-
    Hah hah hah! Mind is made up.

I think I am going to go get my silver braided directional Kimber Cable out of the attic. SHIATT! .
    Been there done the Kimber Cable route. I had quite a few feet throughout a car....
    'Probably doesn't matter too much, that wire is a few years old now, and probably is tarnished all the way through.
    What, that patina might add a little character... Ya might not hear it though

BADASS38CHEVY
    Do all speaker wire need to be seperated from each other or can they be zip tied or touching each other? will that cause any problems.

Essex29
    Damn Badass, Get that thing done already!!!!The season is going to be over and I want to check it out!

BADASS38CHEVY
    Damn Badass, Get that thing done already!!!!The season is going to be over and I want to check it out!
    I know what your talking about!! I have pretty much figured that i will have a couple months boating left by the time i get it.We have a place in parker and like to go boating in the late summer too.I should be out there soon.

rivercrazy
    Do all speaker wire need to be seperated from each other or can they be zip tied or touching each other? will that cause any problems.
    I wouldn't worry about it. There is adverse affect from running them in the same loom. You can even run power and grounds in the same loom with speaker wires. The old story about inducing noise if you don't seperate the wires is an old wives tail. Just make sure you power and ground connections are solid and your ground is connected directly to the battery in a boating application.

BADASS38CHEVY
    I wouldn't worry about it. There is adverse affect from running them in the same loom. You can even run power and grounds in the same loom with speaker wires. The old story about inducing noise if you don't seperate the wires is an old wives tail. Just make sure you power and ground connections are solid and your ground is connected directly to the battery in a boating application.
    Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123