Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luxury tax!!!

syke-o
    I have a ca. luxury tax bill due next month for over $300 and was wondering if anyone knows if i can just register the boat in az before the payment is due and be ok...
    and the second part of the question would be, what is the cost and how hard is it to switch over to az reg on the boat??
    thanks
    aaron

Kilrtoy
    Read the statement, it gives you the dates that the fees are due from......you may already be past the date and the fees will be due

Holland
    Read the statement, it gives you the dates that the fees are due from......you may already be past the date and the fees will be due
    yup... too late. If you have the boat reg'd in Ca for ONE DAY in the assesment period... write a check. they do NOT prorate. ALso, if you dont pay... they WILL LEIN YOUR HOUSE!!!!! Happened to a buddy... It is easy to re reg in AZ.

azgfboatgirl
    I have a ca. luxury tax bill due next month for over $300 and was wondering if anyone knows if i can just register the boat in az before the payment is due and be ok...
    and the second part of the question would be, what is the cost and how hard is it to switch over to az reg on the boat??
    thanks
    aaron
    Think you're still going to be paying that luxury tax fee too.
    2nd- you can register the boat in AZ if you use the boat here primarly. Fee rates depend on length.
    3rd- Fees will increase 8/31/05.

Kilrtoy
    yup... too late. If you have the boat reg'd in Ca for ONE DAY in the assesment period... write a check. they do NOT prorate. ALso, if you dont pay... they WILL LEIN YOUR HOUSE!!!!! Happened to a buddy... It is easy to re reg in AZ.
    They also put it on your credit TRW and it kills your score....

Bre
    Nice sig. pic Kilr

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Aggghhh...
    After paying $700 or so for a few years....
    I went to AZ numbers........
    Later,
    CJG
    :skull:

Not So Fast
    I know that AZ is cracking down on boat registrations for people that have two residences. They state you must actually live here I believe to get a resident rate. How you prove it I dont know but the difference for my boat was from about $29 @year to $267@ year so I dont know if you could get the lower rate anyway. Good luck NSF

Kilrtoy
    Nice sig. pic Kilr
    Thank you Bre, I hope all is well with you......
    Watch out for PLYA he likes to sneak in in the middle of the night and spoon.....

syke-o
    ouch!!! so i will just pay this one and do some better planning for the next go around then i guess..... :notam:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast