Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Designing a boat, need blank line drawings

Essex29
    Looking for some line drawings to start drawing some ideas. I saw the one on the DCB sit, but it's only for cat's.
    I'm sure someone has something they could e-mail me
    thanks!
    tarek.nehme@verizon.net

h2oski2fast
    designing graphics?

Essex29
    designing graphics?
    Yes

Froggystyle
    What kind of a boat are you designing them for?

Essex29
    29' v bottom

Froggystyle
    29' v bottom
    Right... but what kind? The best move is to get them from the manufacturer that you are buying the boat from.

Essex29
    Oops...It's the new Cobra 29 Mod-V....I called over there today and got no answer. I'm bored, but I guess I can wait until tomorrow.
    BTW- are there any other 28-29 mod v boats there?
    What about insurance on your Revolution, had any quotes yet?

Froggystyle
    What about insurance on your Revolution, had any quotes yet?
    With the big motor and a good driving record it will be around $1500/year.
    Compare that with any cat-type deckboat with a stern drive at $2500 and up with big power.
    Fortunately for us, a wonderful by-product of the Tri-Hydro/Dual jet design is that it is listed as a runabout as delivered. Same catagory as a bayliner, but with the additional break because of the Dual Jet drive system. Opting for the increased horsepower available will take it out of that catagory unfortunately, but we won't be testing any boats with greater than 600hp at the shafts in any evaluations.
    (That still gives us sub-six second 0-60 times BTW... )

Froggystyle
    Oops...It's the new Cobra 29 Mod-V....
    I have some line art for some similar boats I can try to scan for you if you really want it.
    Best move is to find a side profile shot of it and trace the lines with Photoshop.

Punchy
    I've got a question for everyone out there. Does anyone think that people that have the money to buy 100k+ boats would pay to have a third party design the graphics for them? Reason I ask is that I've designed graphics for a few boats for friends on the side and people keep telling me I could make money at it but I just don't see it. One was a 29' Force Offshore cat open bow, white with blue and grey graphics that was at the LA Boat Show last year. I've got pics but I think some have already been posted by someone else in the pic gallery. When you got guys like John West who do some pretty nice gel design, a graphic designer would be pointless. However, I've also seen some ugly graphic/color combos and other graphic trends that are way over used. I've been told people have stalled for months on the purchase of a high dollar boat because they didn't know what they wanted and the boat manufacturer couldn't come up with a design they liked. I tried actually going to a few boat manufacturers to see if they would be interested in buying designs or would sub out design work, but usually they have me talk to their gel guy who of course has some what of an ego and thinks he's got it handled in the design dept. Just wondering what everyones opinion is.....thanks

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast