Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skater size?

Reaper1
    kinda cool..32 skater, arnesons and 496s, 105 mph
    http://arneson-industries.com/IM001050.JPG
    Excuse me but, who puts 496s in a Skater? That's kind of like putting a 4 cylinder in a Vette.

Boatlesss
    anyone?
    They use a transmission to shift F/N/R

BADBLOWN572
    Forgive my ignorance, but are arnesons shiftable like a bravo with forward and reverse? They seem like the way to go ,how come more people dont use them? Are they more for race applications ?
    Everyone that I have talked to says that the Arnesons are great. Don't break and run very well. They use a transmission to shift in and out of gear. The one major drawback is that you have a huge razor sharp prop hanging off the back of the boat with no protection. Over time Arnesons have earned the nickname of the "kiddie cutter" and that reputation makes people leary about using them. :idea:

Boatlesss
    Everyone that I have talked to says that the Arnesons are great. Don't break and run very well. They use a transmission to shift in and out of gear. The one major drawback is that you have a huge razor sharp prop hanging off the back of the boat with no protection. Over time Arnesons have earned the nickname of the "kiddie cutter" and that reputation makes people leary about using them. :idea:
    They have a propeller guard over the propeller which provides more protection than that of a Bravo or Outboard.
    Far more than that of a SSM#3, #4, #5 or #6 also.

AZJD
    Excuse me but, who puts 496s in a Skater? That's kind of like putting a 4 cylinder in a Vette.
    Sound pretty smart too me, reliable turn key budget power.........That is if my broke ass was to buy a Skater!

CcanDo
    Arneson setup is difficult on a Cat - prop selection and ram adjustment is critical to get the drives to carry the boat, especially as you go down in boat size. However, once they are set up correctly, they work very well.

Boatlesss
    Arneson setup is difficult on a Cat - prop selection and ram adjustment is critical to get the drives to carry the boat, especially as you go down in boat size. However, once they are set up correctly, they work very well.
    This is confusing. The cylinders move hydraulically so why would someone have to play with the placement?
    The propellers are standard Mercury Speedmasters so they should be no different than a Mercury drive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123