Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sound checks at Lake Mead

dicudmore
    I got snagged on Saturday at Lake Mead for Sound, the ranger was maybe 2 feet away from my swipstep while he was doing his test. I wathced the meter go up and down from 84db up to 98db. After about 2 minutes of testing he told me my boat was at 93.6db. There were also 5 or 6 other loud boats right next to me during the test. I have no idea how these tests can be accurate! Ending up letting me go with a warning. Just bought the Gibson Mufflers, No more Hassles.
    hmm...John, what was the rangers name?
    I got popped at Mead for 93.6 (with an HO??) and tested 88 at Havasu with NO changes to the boat.
    Maybe their ticket meter is pre-set to 93.6

Chromegorilla
    Gotta love Georgia. I was launching last week and a sherrifs boat and DNR boat were tied up at the ramp docks. I launch and start it dockside. We shoot the shit for a few minutes as engine warms up and The 'neck sheriff guys keep saying..."rev that somebitch!" LOL. I have 496HO with a straight exhaust, not switchable, no baffles, mufflers or nuttin. I guess I'll enjoy while I can.

Big Bear
    We launched Sat out of Callville Bay. Didn't see anyone testing. I've already got the Gibson thru transom bullets, so I've almost got the attitude of "bring it on"!!

nextel4u
    Name
    I know he was an older guy maybe maybe 5.7ft tall. He busted 2 of my buddies on Saturday for noise also, one of them got a DUI (oui)
    Frickin Sucks

THOR
    If you drink and drive a boat I hope you get a DUI.
    Nice karma you are building up.

Wicked Performance Boats
    The guys from Nevada Dept of Wildlife are assholes. They think if you boat is more than 50ft away, it should not exceed the limit period! The National Park Rangers are pretty good to deal with. IMHO Unless your being stupid. I just shut my boat off when I see them[cat and mouse] wait till they leave. Budlight

2Driver
    I got snagged on Saturday at Lake Mead for Sound, the ranger was maybe 2 feet away from my swipstep while he was doing his test. I wathced the meter go up and down from 84db up to 98db. After about 2 minutes of testing he told me my boat was at 93.6db. There were also 5 or 6 other loud boats right next to me during the test. I have no idea how these tests can be accurate! Ending up letting me go with a warning. Just bought the Gibson Mufflers, No more Hassles.
    Anyone install theses themselves????..
    .I have never delt with boat mufflers before..... I am assuming they go on the outside of the transom? I have lighting headers on a 454 mag mPI and not any room for anything from the transom to the header?
    Not much info on the gibson site

laveydayz
    .I have never delt with boat mufflers before..... I am assuming they go on the outside of the transom? I have lighting headers on a 454 mag mPI and not any room for anything from the transom to the header?
    You will have to get the clamp on style....Go with the Gibsons, they work very well.

ADDICTED
    Try www.GibsonMarine.com.

Holland
    So now they are chasing you down IN THE LAKE, mot just at the marina??? Is this true?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast