Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: new roller lifter design

Max_182
    Oh, and being an engine forensics freak, I'd also filter the "chunks" out of the oil and look for indicators. You'd be surprised what you can determine "after the fact". <nod>

DogHouse
    Isky called. We have achieved the best possible outcome. They don't know exactly why, but they do admit that the lifter failed for no obvious reason. They assured me that it was an isolated case and that I could expect good service life in the future. They are rebuilding all of them with new bearings & rollers, and are making up a brand new cam, same profile as the Erson that got destroyed. Parts will ship tomorrow at the latest. They acknowledged that both the cam profile and the spring pressures are reasonable and well suited to the application. I know that they would never cover the labor involved in rebuilding the motor, but at least they are warrantying the broken valve trane parts. That's about as good as it gets in the hot rod industry. Hopefully we'll be back in the water in a few weeks...
    -brian

LVjetboy
    Glad they backed you up. Now I'm curious, has anyone tried crane hyd rollers? I see crane this, crane that on high hp crate engines. So what's the story? Why do they use crane if other after-markets like isky are better? Cost?
    jer

Infomaniac
    Whew !!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234