Thread: Kitsap County Sheriffs are good ones!

The Hydro's are here this weekend and we figured what the hell, lets go watch them from the boat. Launched and cruised that way only to encounter 4 Sheriff boats. We're running with no baffles and figured that sombody would stop us but all we got from each of them was either a wave or a thumbs up! Last week we came across a sheriffs boat with the same results. Good guys here in Kitsap county.
    The races are great and I genuinely think the people in the log boom enjoyed our boat over the endless parade of off$hore hardware that cruised in. Hard not to get your chest puffed up when everybody is waving and asking about it.
    Water was warm and no wind. Perfect day on the water.
    The only negative was that the no wake zone was quite a ways out and to watch from where the best viewing point was meant a long idle in. Ended up turning our headers a pretty shade of gold and blue. Nuts, but oh well.
    Good time all in all and now it's time to start getting ready for Blue Lake on Labor Day.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...00/2227ZNR.jpg
    My son spent the whole day like this
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...00/2227No1.jpg

malcolm
    That's the kind of Sheriff we seem to get on the river as well. They are more interested in checking for fishing licences.
    What are you doing today? We're going to spend the day on the river again.

Our grandaughters 1st birthday party. Then setting on the deck and recovering from yesterday. I got fried yesterday.........
    Have fun on the river and keep it in one peice.....

SmokinLowriderSS
    Cool jrork, looks like an excelent way to spend a day.

malcolm
    A little sunblock never hurt. :skull:
    :wink:

It was a blast. They've got some speedskiffs running exhibition runs going right now (can kind of see them in the first turn from our deck) and those things are crazy. I've never seen anything like em.
    We used a ton of sunblock so we're not too burned but since we were out from 7am to 7pm yesterday without any shade from the sun cooked us pretty good. I'm as fried energy wise as I am skin wise. Time to relax and drink lots of liquid.
    Have fun guys

Captain no fun
    Yhea, to mimic what Malcolm said, the cops on the river, are more interested in our aesthetically pleasing boats, and just wanting to look, rather than hassle us. I think it has something to do with our gray hair, and lack of inebriation that keeps it cool. We are definitely the loud crowd. Looking forward to meeting all of you nutcases at Blue lake.

1978 Rogers
    What boats were racing? Are these the lite hydros?

What boats were racing? Are these the lite hydros?
    This was the Quicksilver Hydro races here in Silverdale. First time they've been back since the early 80's.
    They had the Unlimited Light boats (Blown 468 or N/A 509 BBCs), Lighter than Lights (305 SBCs), Mods (5 liter or smaller) and little enclosed cockpit 2.4 liter inline fours that flat got with it.
    They had a number of bands on the beach playing for the spectators, food, and a couple beer gardens.
    It was a Great race and the newspaper says it will definately be back next year with many business's already asking to sponsor next year. All in all a great time but still salt water so that tends to scare some away.
    Here is the link to the Unlimited Lights website.
    http://www.ulhra.org/