Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: minr eliminator problem

77charger
    Do you guys have a drain for the ski locker?My boat is a 93 but after 3 years of owning this boat i still have to dry the ski locker and drain the water myself.Not a big prob most of the time but when i ski or have a few wet people get on it holds water.I dont really want to just drill ahole for the drain.Nice boat but when i have to bail water out of it it looks FCKED up.Other than that it i am very happy with it
    didnt someone else have this same problem??

welk2party
    They did the same thing on mine. Took it back to them to put one in. All you need to do is drill a hole and put some resin on the exposed wood.

Riverkid
    You'll want to do the new hole soon, otherwise the water in there could start to affect your floorboards...

77charger
    You'll want to do the new hole soon, otherwise the water in there could start to affect your floorboards...
    When i get back from a trip i leave the lid off for a few days to make sure it is dry. but the water bailing SUCKS besides it looks like i have a hole in my boat when i drain it on a beach or camp where people can see me :idea: even thought that aint the case

Fozzy
    I have the same problem on my eliminator. Even though I do have a drain hole in the ski locker it is up to high and all the water does not drain. So I also have to bail it out and leave the lid open so it dries out.

Nord
    I have a 98, took it to them and they said they couldn't do it!!!!
    I've had to bail water out of the front locker twice!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
    The water could be coming from inside the floor (happened on my last boat).
    Make sure you don't have a leak below the waterline. On Joe's Eliminator, they used lag screws on transom, and they were leaking water into the floor- not good.

77charger
    The water could be coming from inside the floor (happened on my last boat).
    Make sure you don't have a leak below the waterline. On Joe's Eliminator, they used lag screws on transom, and they were leaking water into the floor- not good.
    Jeff i know for sure it aint coming from anywhere else.It will stay dry but throw in we skis,life jackets,etc from sking it does hold water.Last time out my brother was driving while circling to pick me up he plowed the bow under a wake got some water in rest drained out but locker.The engine bilge is always dry never have to run bilge.

Mandelon
    I use a Wet/Dry Vacuum and prop the door open. The step hull on my Lavey holds water in the locker too.
    I prop the door open before I come home and the long trip through the desert leaves it dry by the time I get back.

Havasu Hangin'
    Then just drill a hole into the bilge (I did on my old daycruiser). A little resin, and you're good to go. 10 minute job (if you stop for a beer break)...

PS- always pull the top off the locker when you store it, anyway- less chance for mold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast