Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Digital Do You Shoot With ?

NoCal NoBoat
    I've enjoyed the wild life photography here on HB for some time.
    1'st Anniversary is coming up, and we're ready for an upgrade.
    So what is your recommendation for a digital camera ?
    I know this thread has been done a lot, but the market is changing every day.
    We'll use it for general-purpose stuff, indoor and outdoor - parties, vacations,
    etc.
    Camera store downstairs at work just showed me a Nikon Coolpix 4800 - 4 megapixel, 15 scenes, on a bigger body. Also a Sony Cybershot W5 - 5 megapixel, fewer add-ons, but a more compact body. Quoted $ 349 for the Nikon and $ 329 for the Sony. Any better ideas ?
    Thanks for your opinions - HB people know these things...
    NCHB

Sleek-Jet
    I've got an Olympus C-4000 sitting here next to the computer. It's a larger camera, 4.0 MP with a 4X optical zoom. You can also control F-stop on Shutter speeds as well if you want. It'll do just about everything my 35mm SLR will do.
    I just need a smaller camera to take on the boat... I get tired of lugging this thing around all the time. :hammer2:

NOTALENT
    The Cannon S400 is a really good camera...had some of the best reviews..I have the Sd100 and I love it...it just stopped working though...rather than repair it..im stepping up to the S400 until I can afford the Rebel SLR..

Canon Digital Rebel (the older one) very nice and prices are coming down

SummitKarl
    tried and true SONY MAVICA w/10x optical zoom and 4x adpt for 40x total OPTICAL zoom. no cables, adapters nothing, no $40 mem sticks, just one 3.5" floppy is all I need, to zoom to a "c" hair across the lake

MR HARLEY
    Cannon g6
    See here for product review and priceing ....
    http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buye...PowerShot_G6_7

SummitKarl
    How many pictures do you get on a 3.5" floppy? I have 6 128mb sticks and I'm constantly filling those up.
    about 40 pics per 2.88meg formated disk, storage CAP is not it's best feature, but it was the only thing on the market at the time that was purely OPTICAL zoom, I am not kidding about the "c" hair zoom either . it ain't the lastest nor greatest but it works GREAT for me.

cdog
    we have the canon sd300 and love it. I hate getting stuck carring some big ass camera. Somehow none of my wife's clothes have pockets.

MOBrien
    :crossx: :crossx:
    I use the Sony DSC-F717. Nice camera, takes great pictures. I took this last weekend from about 200' away.
    http://www.clubwerks.com/river/dsc04186.jpg

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast