Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compression ratio help

Jordy
    I am in the process of building a motor right now so I will elaborate a little more while it is still fresh in my mind. I have a set of SRP pistons .070 over with a 14cc dome. In a motor running a 4" stroke with a 6.135 rod (std 454) and 118cc open chamber heads with a 4.320" bore SRP says these pistons will be 9.5:1 compression. However, I am running 105cc closed chamber race ported heads, which bumps the compression up to a little better than 10.5:1 according to their charts. The deciding factors will be your dome cc, head cc and if you can approximate your bore and stroke. I still think you are somewhere in the neighborhood of 9:1 compression though, in which case 92 octane is all you need to run.
    Jordy
    [ July 26, 2002, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: jordanpaulk ]

Rubths
    Thanks for the good info, I wanted to be no more than 9.5 compression.

Hotcrusader76
    Rubths:
    Thanks for the good info, I wanted to be no more than 9.5 compression.Yeah its easier on the wallet when it comes to gas mileage figures like....3 gallons to the mile...LOL

Jordy
    Ty, if anyone here was worried about gas mileage that much, we would all be on the Sailboat Forums at Hot Sailboat.com
    Jordy

JEThro
    Rubths,Find someone that has Mondellos Olds Tech Manual. The formula for comp. ratio is in it. Jethro

Hotcrusader76
    jordanpaulk:
    Ty, if anyone here was worried about gas mileage that much, we would all be on the Sailboat Forums at Hot Sailboat.com
    Jordy Ask my Julie aka "GTJewels"(girlfriend)....LOL>....There was times that setting sail with the Coors light beach towel was in order....
    :::Flickering fuel pressure::: ::::sound of sputtering carbs:::: Oh shit! Sounds like we are out of gas......again!
    Life story for me at the river! LMAO

Hotcrusader76
    jordanpaulk:
    Jordy If things don't cool off soon overseas (sand country) then we might all be hanging out at Hotsailboat.com....LOL... We might have to switch to diesel fuel or Vodka...something! Prices will soon rise again...
    [ July 28, 2002, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12