Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Yellow STV mishap

STV_Keith
    Thanks for the concern guys, but it wasn't me. Didn't see a yellow one out there besides mine, but a friend said there was one at the channel on Saturday. Don't know who it was though. I did see Steve D., who has a yellow/white STV on Saturday afternoon and he wasn't in his boat. I guess he could have gone out on Sunday.
    When did this happen?
    Dr. Marg, who what it?

dr. margarita
    Update: Sounds like some injuries did occur to the driver and one passenger. Lacerations requiring stitches, a blown out knee and bruises to the abdomen probably when they hit the dash. The boat flipped while doing around 60mph after spearing an unseen wake hidden right behind another. The driver of the boat is very experienced, just bad luck in a small, fast boat in ugly water. The boat reportedly sank.

dr. margarita
    When did this happen?
    Dr. Marg, who what it?
    Sounds like it happened on Sunday. Out of respect, I'll keep them nameless for now. I'll bet you know him Keith. PM me and I'll let you know privately.

Kilrtoy
    I passed them on saturday south of the sandbar and they were taking a beating... Did not look fun.....

dicudmore
    I passed them on saturday south of the sandbar and they were taking a beating... Did not look fun.....
    it was a touch brutal saturday...
    I hid in the channel after coming down from topock

Kilrtoy
    it was a touch brutal saturday...
    I hid in the channel after coming down from topock
    I had a very pleasant ride at 75MPH

randy77zt
    stv -mirage-boats are very addictive to drive/fly due to speed potential .i owned a mirage and had a few close calls with my life because of my thirst for driving fast .even with a stock 260/280 merc if boat is running well it will do 105+.at that speed there is no slowing down for the monster wakes left by the bigger boats .last time at havasu i learned a lesson-if the lakes is chewed up bum a ride on a bigger boat.best time to drive this type of boat is when nobody is out.but owners always like to strut thier stuff and that is when ego kicks in.seeing a 4' wake in front of you makes you wonder why you put yourself through the danger.or coming around a corner on the ship channel out of stockton and seeing an ocean freighter coming.but i still want another tunnel boat.

STV_Keith
    Yep, all you guys with your big boats churning it up for us! LOL. Actually, it wasn't that bad. We had to slow down for the rough stuff (around the sandbar and in the Gorge), but ran in the 50-70mph range the rest of the time. Even with 4 people, the little boat still ran mid 80's.

dr. margarita
    i learned a lesson-if the lakes is chewed up bum a ride on a bigger boat
    Can these types of boats be driven slower when the water is jacked up? I imagine that would be a real rough ride. Probably have to run 50 to 60 to make it tolerable?

Rod2614
    undefinedundefinedAnyone out this past weekend see a yellow STV flip? I'm guessing it happened in the river south of the sand bar or maybe in the basin?? It was me in the STV. My sweetheart and I were heading home from Needs area (work the next day) and the water got a bit bumpy for my tast. I hit a set of wakes. the first was a hard hit and I lost my nerve and got off the throtle. I stuffed in the next. Thanks to the people that pulled us out of the the drink. the boat is a goner
    I was going slow at the time that is why we are here to talk today. we are doing ok but my pride and spirit are a bit weak now. Playcraft here we come.
    Rod

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast