Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Yellow STV mishap

cracker
    When we took both of them to the marina to meet the ambulance I ran into Game Wardens, fish and game? I was trying to tell them where the boat sank and they totally blew me off. I said that I could show them where it went down and they told me that it was in San Bernadino county, If I was so interested to go look for the boat myself or go drive around and look for a San Bernadino sheriff to tell that to? I told them I wasnt that interested just thought the guy might want to recover the engine? Real caring people they were.

dr. margarita
    Hey Cracker, Before I comment on the lame brains at the Game Warden's office, I want to express my deepest appreciation for helping my close friends out during their accident. You should be commended!!! Thank you!
    I'm sure Rod will salvage what he can from his boat with or without help from the authorities.

cracker
    Im really glad they are going to be OK! The accident happened in front of us, we stopped and two of our crew jumped into the water to assist the man who was trying to keep the womans head above water. By the time we got life jackets to them, another boat showed up. We carefully loaded them onto that boat because it was lower to the water than ours and followed them into the marina. It was nothing more than what one of you would do for me or anyone else though, thank you.

98 Vector 21
    hope all turns out well, I know that ride all to well on a saturday afternoon....

Kilrtoy
    I would agree the fish and game and the rangers arent the nicest people in the world .....

Riverkid
    Im really glad they are going to be OK! The accident happened in front of us, we stopped and two of our crew jumped into the water to assist the man who was trying to keep the womans head above water. By the time we got life jackets to them, another boat showed up. We carefully loaded them onto that boat because it was lower to the water than ours and followed them into the marina. It was nothing more than what one of you would do for me or anyone else though, thank you.
    You've got good karma in the bank. Nice work to you and your crew.

cracker
    I forgot to add, I did call the San Bernadino Sheriff and tell them where to find the boat. They were very nice to deal with.

Rod2614
    I tried to post yesterday but it did not go thru. Thanks to all that helped out. My sweety and I were taking a hard hit on the water and I stuffed into a wake. We are banged up and the boat is totaled.
    Thanks to the guys who pulled us out of the drink. I would love to say thanks you can find me at Rod2614@aol.com

Rod2614
    I think I now have this posting thing working. WOW THANKS CRACKER. we will have to hook up so I can buy you a drink.
    I had about 4 oz of blood drained from my knee today. E. is going to the doc too. We will be back soon. This time I am going big. A big Pontoon! The SVT is dead. I am sure a lot of the parts are good. I have a spare new sportmaster lower unit I don't need, a prop or two. Maybe a few more parts depending on what happens with the insurance.
    The PoPo was very nice to me as well. sorry about the extra work guys.
    E. told me to thank everybody that helped us for her too. She is a great lady and I feel real bad about putting her thru this. She has not said boo to me about getting her hurt. She should be back to work soon.
    Thanks Tom, aka Dr margarita Mr. bling bling

Rod2614
    stv -mirage-boats are very addictive to drive/fly due to speed potential .i owned a mirage and had a few close calls with my life because of my thirst for driving fast .even with a stock 260/280 merc if boat is running well it will do 105+.at that speed there is no slowing down for the monster wakes left by the bigger boats .last time at havasu i learned a lesson-if the lakes is chewed up bum a ride on a bigger boat.best time to drive this type of boat is when nobody is out.but owners always like to strut thier stuff and that is when ego kicks in.seeing a 4' wake in front of you makes you wonder why you put yourself through the danger.or coming around a corner on the ship channel out of stockton and seeing an ocean freighter coming.but i still want another tunnel boat.
    I hear you my Brother....Rod

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast