Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 hour service

Indobos
    Sorry, but I am wondering from you mechs out there. How close to the 20 hours do I need to be or how over can I be for the 20 hour service?

riverroyal
    at 28hr,,,496ho,,,no biggie

Indobos
    at 28hr,,,496ho,,,no biggie
    Anyone else? Not wanting to F-up anything... :crossx: but shoot gonna end up throwing a whipple on it in a year.

Wonderboy
    I did mine a few days ago. I am at 23 hrs. But I just found oil in the storage unit and the boat's at the stereo shop so I can't go see what's wrong with it :burningm: Oh, 496HO BTW

Ultracrazy
    I did mine a few days ago. I am at 23 hrs. But I just found oil in the storage unit and the boat's at the stereo shop so I can't go see what's wrong with it :burningm: Oh, 496HO BTW
    That happened to me........it was the brass elbow of the oil sending unit. It's under warranty right? No biggie.
    UC

Wonderboy
    That happened to me........it was the brass elbow of the oil sending unit. It's under warranty right? No biggie.
    UC
    Yeah, but I had the service done somewhere else. I know the place that serviced it will take care of it. They seem to be pretty cool.

SnakeWrench
    You want to try to get as close to the 20 mark as possible. The reason is that if there is any issues with the motor/drive package, it is best to get it done soon as possible.
    As for the oil fittings on the oil cooler, Merc had an issue with the lines coming loose in transport. I've had a few and now we check them before we install the engines. It is also one of the usual service checks also.

Ultracrazy
    You want to try to get as close to the 20 mark as possible. The reason is that if there is any issues with the motor/drive package, it is best to get it done soon as possible.
    As for the oil fittings on the oil cooler, Merc had an issue with the lines coming loose in transport. I've had a few and now we check them before we install the engines. It is also one of the usual service checks also.
    Yep......that was it.....it had maybe 9 hours on it when found about 3 qts of oil in the bilge.

Wonderboy
    Yep......that was it.....it had maybe 9 hours on it when found about 3 qts of oil in the bilge.
    That sucks! I'll find out tomorrow where the oil is coming from. Did it take long for them to fix it? I'm supposed to leave for the river on Thursday.

SnakeWrench
    No, A few days. If the hose broke, they should be able to get it out within a few days. I have one of those hoses in stock if you need one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast