Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1990 F250

dmontzsta
    My dad is thinking of buying one off my uncle. It has a 6" lift, dual struts, levels, system, interior is mint, 460 with C6? extra cab, black...pretty much fully loaded, my uncle has had the thing fully service, replacing a few struts and u joints, plugs, wires, etc... oh yeah it is 4x4
    Are these things big piles of crap? or pretty strong?

victorfb
    good strong truck. a bit under tuned for emissions so the power suffers, but thats with all factory trucks.

sintax
    If you dad does not end up buying it, and your uncle still wants to sell it would you mind forwarding the info to me?
    Thanks
    -Scott

dmontzsta
    Thanks Vic, his chevy took the dump of all times on the way home.
    sintax: I will let you know.

Hot Rod Hallett
    Don- Good truck. My dad had one years ago. Would pull a house off the foundation if you needed it too. Gonna hate the gas though. If he is not going to drive it everyday it wont be bad. Wont even know that Eliminator is back there.

dmontzsta
    Don- Good truck. My dad had one years ago. Would pull a house off the foundation if you needed it too. Gonna hate the gas though. If he is not going to drive it everyday it wont be bad. Wont even know that Eliminator is back there.
    He works 3 miles from home and just needs it as a tow vehicle, my Mom has a new Altima for good gas mileage, he drives that most of the time.
    His chevy is sitting in the driveway still.

Squirtin Thunder
    Don,
    My '91 has as of right now 474K on it. The engine is 99% stock. I had to replace the water pump so I did the timing chain too. The trans kicked ass for years and then started to leak so I had it rebuilt, it took them 5 trys to get it right and they just never did. I finally found the problem a bad speedo drive gear. I amvery happy with the truck it has been in the family all its life. The 7.5L (460) is one tough cookie !!!

v-drive
    I will apologize to all of the GM people upfront.
    Don, we have owned our F-150 for 6 years and other than doing normal maintanence we have had to do nothing. When I owned My GMC it seemed like every time I turned around I was doing something. tell your dad to jump on it......... :coffeycup v-drive

dmontzsta
    Thats awesome Jim, I thought my car with 296k was good.
    Ben, I love my Expedition too, I think it is the same style as yours 98? 5.4l kicks ass.
    My dad currently has a 93 GMC Sierra. It has a new motor, he has put 20k on it since, new alternator, new clutch, new water pump, new radiator, new TBI, new ecu, new wheels, new struts, pretty much everything new on the damn thing. He dumped thousands into it, 4 bolt main 350 and all. After all this in a short span of time, he thought it would last FOREVER.
    Well...on the way back from CBBB...He lost the clutch, then it started overheating, blew a head gasket, oil pressure dropped and POOF KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. Pulled the pan 3 rod bearings are toasted on a 20k motor, clutch is gone and water pump is shot, also need a new head gasket. ALL THIS and we have not even got into the damn door handle falling off, seat that wont recline back, mirror that wont stay on and ebrake spring that snapped off.
    POS GMC
    He is supposed to get my uncles truck Monday, then use it for a while and KEEP IT, but eventually he wants a new F250.

v-drive
    I'm sorry to here that about your dad's 93. mine was a 93 also I had 150K on it when the @nd trans started making noise. I had replaced the rear end. ac, 3 boosters, and I can't count the wheel bearings I had to put in that thing.
    This is what I can pull off the top of my head. There were so many little things that would go wrong I just finally had enough. later...v-drive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast