Well, since there seems to be some knowledge here concerning 2 strokes, I have a Question.
Along with the Omega, we have a 2000 Yamaha SUV(the 4 seat wave runner). Anyhoo, The Wave Runner has 72 hours on it since new. I have shattered the piston rings in the #2 and #1 cylinders in the last 7 running hours, #3 were still intact. Both times, I have been on the stretch of river between Laughlin and Needles.
I do not feel that has anything to do with it.
First time was the #2 and a month later it was the #1. It has the extended warranty. This time they are replacing all of the rings and replacing the oil pump, they swear the bottom end is fine(contaminated oil). I am at a loss. My gut tells me it could be oil injection related. This thing is maintained to spec. I do not want to be taking this thing back to Malcolm Smith again. No warning lights. It does stall a couple of times at speed right before it happens. It also stalls intermittently at speed since this all has started which it had never done before. Any help would be appreciated...Joe
[ December 26, 2002, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Bow Tie Omega ]