Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's the best place....

Punchy
    ...to get a wood gate? The opening to my side yard is about 12 ft wide and I was going to have a wrought iron gate made but don't have the money for it right now. So I am going to settle for wood for now so that my side yard isn't hanging open for everyone to see. Want something that's going to be sturdy and look decent and it's probably going to get painted. Any ideas?

Punchy
    Anyone?

JB in so cal
    ...to get a wood gate? The opening to my side yard is about 12 ft wide and I was going to have a wrought iron gate made but don't have the money for it right now. So I am going to settle for wood for now so that my side yard isn't hanging open for everyone to see. Want something that's going to be sturdy and look decent and it's probably going to get painted. Any ideas?
    What is this, "Hot Home Improvement"?
    Seriously. Check out a PVC gate. White. Lightweight. A couple of my neighbors have them.

Miss Perfect
    What is this, "Hot Home Improvement"?
    Please! If you guys can talk about trimming your pubes then this guy can ask about a freaking door!

ahhell
    home depot and a screw driver...do 2 , 6 ft'ers...hell its hard to think right now after a couple o'beers
    and my pubes are fine...thank you :idea:

riverroyal
    cheaper,,,wood isnt cheap after you build it strong enough to hold up its own weight

Punchy
    Please! If you guys can talk about trimming your pubes then this guy can ask about a freaking door!
    seriously.....pubes, tits, dogs, pools, gas....but ask a question about a wood gate and now we've stepped over the line?.....Of course I am a habitual line stepper .

riverroyal
    did you get a gate quote yet?

riverroyal
    was it basic square tube?any bends in it?and are you doing the install?

Punchy
    cheaper,,,wood isnt cheap after you build it strong enough to hold up its own weight
    I've been quoted around $3000 to fill that gap with iron.....a wood one has got to be cheaper.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast