Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: EVERYBODY'S Store?

OGShocker
    By ALLEN G. BREED
    Associated Press Writer
    NEW ORLEANS
    With much of the city emptied by Hurricane Katrina, some opportunists took advantage of the situation by looting stores.
    At a Walgreen's drug store in the French Quarter, people were running out with grocery baskets and coolers full of soft drinks, chips and diapers.
    When police finally showed up, a young boy stood in the door screaming, "86! 86!" _ the radio code for police _ and the crowd scattered.
    Denise Bollinger, a tourist from Philadelphia, stood outside and snapped pictures in amazement.
    "It's downtown Baghdad," the housewife said. "It's insane. I've wanted to come here for 10 years. I thought this was a sophisticated city. I guess not."
    Around the corner on Canal Street, the main thoroughfare in the central business district, people sloshed headlong through hip-deep water as looters ripped open the steel gates on the front of several clothing and jewelry stores.
    One man, who had about 10 pairs of jeans draped over his left arm, was asked if he was salvaging things from his store.
    "No," the man shouted, "that's EVERYBODY'S store." :burningm:
    Looters filled industrial-sized garbage cans with clothing and jewelry and floated them down the street on bits of plywood and insulation as National Guard lumbered by.
    Mike Franklin stood on the trolley tracks and watched the spectacle unfold.
    "To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society," he said.
    Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.blah, blah, blah...

OutCole'd
    By ALLEN G. BREED
    Associated Press Writer
    NEW ORLEANS
    "To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society," he said.
    [/SIZE]
    Please,.......

Debbolas
    :burningm:

Jyruiz
    To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society," he said.
    Society does not owe them shit, they made there lives what they are today. Wrok hard, get and education, or something, but don't blame it on society when it is there lazy assess that dont want to progress. They want everything the easy way, jerkoffs.

slink
    Please,.......
    You forgot, it's "N...A Please"

KACHINA KEN
    You forgot, it's "N...A Please"
    you beat me to it

Havasu_Dreamin
    Mike Franklin stood on the trolley tracks and watched the spectacle unfold.
    Give me a phucking break! WTF are any of the looters owed? NOTHING! Other than jail time!

THOR
    sophisticated city? My azz. That place is an arm pit at best. Tons of crime, tons of muggins and dirty as all hell.

Mike.A
    Martial Law is in affect.
    Send our Military trainees down there for some target practice
    Its only gonna get worse,
    I can understand for food and drink, but material objects, (I need this color t.v to survive) yea right

That Guy
    I thought people yelled "5-0" when they saw the police? That's what I yell when I'm looting stuff.
    I'm with you Bob......

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast