Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable!!!!

Mustang Shorty
    There are millions of people displaced from their homes not knowing when they can return and thousands of people dead and dying. A city that is a piece of American history destroyed in what is probably THE Worst natural disaster in the history of the US and all you people can think about is how it affects YOU?
    Tell me, how many people are willing to cancel their plans for this weekend and donate half of what you would have spent to Red Cross. I cancelled all my plans and will stay home this weekend and donate all I can to the relief efforts.
    I live in Central Texas and have been following the boards for about 2 years and thought pretty much everyone here were educated level headed people. All the posts lately seem extremely selfish, more so considering what most of you went through in 94(?) with the earthquake.
    Flame on, but first stop and put yourself in one of the victims shoes for a second.
    Alan R Pratt

BarryMac
    There are millions of people displaced from their homes not knowing when they can return and thousands of people dead and dying. A city that is a piece of American history destroyed in what is probably THE Worst natural disaster in the history of the US and all you people can think about is how it affects YOU?
    Tell me, how many people are willing to cancel their plans for this weekend and donate half of what you would have spent to Red Cross. I cancelled all my plans and will stay home this weekend and donate all I can to the relief efforts.
    I live in Central Texas and have been following the boards for about 2 years and thought pretty much everyone here were educated level headed people. All the posts lately seem extremely selfish, more so considering what most of you went through in 94(?) with the earthquake.
    Flame on, but first stop and put yourself in one of the victims shoes for a second.
    Alan R Pratt
    No flaming here, great post...

NashvilleBound
    I certanly hope your not talking about one of my threads..... We donate and help more financially than most people make in a year.... I just dont post that sort of info.....

HM
    Good post.
    I am donating blood on Friday. I have a rare blood type. Also donated $$ and canned foods to our church.
    I am working all weekend, but very good point. Save the money from your gas, stay home, and send atleast half of it for aid.

Mrs.Racer277
    Very good post.
    We are doing our part.

JB in so cal
    Alan R Pratt
    1 respsonse in 8 minutes; point made.
    However, you have no idea what anyone has or is going to do regarding the tragedy. I won't make public my plans; some will. To each his/her own
    John

Mustang Shorty
    anyone who is complaining about what is or isn't being done and how much bother it is to them but are unwilling to make some small personal sacrifice to help people who have lost everything.
    I know there are alot of people who help anyway they can I just feel fustrated being so close and being so helpless to do anythingthat will make a difference.
    Alan

NashvilleBound
    I think we all feel a little helpless with something like this. Its a very unfortunate event. I have yet to hear someone complain tho about all the talk of helping....... and I WAS bitching about what was not being done yet. I think its been WAY too long for supplies to get into the affected area.

HM
    1 respsonse in 8 minutes; point made.
    However, you have no idea what anyone has or is going to do regarding the tragedy. I won't make public my plans; some will. To each his/her own
    John
    For some reason, I don't buy that. But that is just me. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck....etc. He is not looking for financial disclosure, but it is obvious people are more pissed off about gas prices than they are concerned about this tragedy....it is obvious by the posts. Oh, I know, they are all secretly giving and the complaining is just a coverup?

Blown 472
    I think we all feel a little helpless with something like this. Its a very unfortunate event. I have yet to hear someone complain tho about all the talk of helping....... and I WAS bitching about what was not being done yet. I think its been WAY too long for supplies to get into the affected area.
    could it be the national guard is not around?? :idea:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast