Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL MPH difference between a Jet and a V drive!

QuickJet
    Well as some of you know I sold my Bahner Jet and bought a Cole tr-2. The best MPH I was able to obtain from the jet was 80.7 MPH.
    I took the motor out of the jet, changed nothing except pan, pickup, and headers. This last weekend with a borrowed prop (thanks Smalls) I was able to take it to CFW. My first pass was 91.3 MPH. It felt awsome. I was glued in for about half the run then freed it up. As soon as I did that it really started to take off.
    The next day I made another pass that netted me a best of 91.4 mph.
    My motor only makes an estimated 550-600 hp. I'm running 18 gears and a prop that is desinged for a motor making way more than mine. I'm going to switch to some 15's and get a similar prop. I'll grow into the prop eventually.
    I had a great time running this thing out and will NEVER go back to a jet. The instant accelleration of the V-Drives reminds me of some of my drag cars. Incredable feeling.
    I was even able to convert a die hard jet fan with a little pass in the Cole :hammerhea
    Good times!!!

76BARRON
    Welcome To The Dark Side! :d

Kim Hanson
    I thought my OB was fast at 106, till I seen Infomaniacs boat rip...........( . )( . ).........The white one is a jet :2purples:
    Info, SnowMan (http://media.putfile.com/Snowman1)

Jet City
    QJ, thats cool, I always wondered what the result of such a transfer would be, I know that TR2 is a runner bottom, what model/length was the Bahner? I'm also a jet guy that recently went to a v-drive, its been fun for me too.

cyclone
    To put it into perspective....My motor in my old jet boat went 115 and change...same motor in my new jet boat went 124 and change. its all in the hull and set up and not the method of propulsion. Either one will get the job done when set up properly.
    never seen a bahner that set the world on fire performance wise. You just went from an average jet boat to a better vdrive is all.

Kim Hanson
    To put it into perspective....My motor in my old jet boat went 115 and change...same motor in my new jet boat went 124 and change. its all in the hull and set up and not the method of propulsion. Either one will get the job done when set up properly.
    never seen a bahner that set the world on fire performance wise. You just went from an average jet boat to a better vdrive is all.
    Tunnels are the shit, bottom line....................( . )( . ).......... Don't play with them now.........

ColeTR2
    What was the RPM like in the Cole VS. the jet?

Flat Crazy Racing
    Dude, you can't compare the two..... Power to a jet, vs power to a prop are NOT the same.....Changing gears and the prop, WHY? The prop will come right in to the gear change, or vice versa. Dial the boat in with what ya got, then adjust to your power plant. Sure, change the gears to meet your power range, or change the prop to bring the Rs up or down, but don't change both at the same time, or you're just pissing in the wind, and the true level of performance will never be known............MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Lance Faulkner ran a sustained 121 twice for over 5/8ths of a mile with a single 4bbl, 650 horsepower, chevy. He did this without a tunnel hull or a runnerbottom, just a good ol "true flat" Biesemeyer flatty.
    The Boat Ace
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...Kilo%20001.jpg
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...-70%20Kilo.jpg

Moneypitt
    Jerry, you're such a stickler for details.....We all know which would/could be faster.....I question the reported performance in the jet.......Ray

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast