Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The REAL MPH difference between a Jet and a V drive!

Kim Hanson
    :yuk: Hanson get back to bench racer's with your stories!! HEE HAWW :yuk:
    I have some, much better than you! Im going to watch a movie with my wife, so you just go grab a life Eddie and I will be back in the AM ass inspector .........( . )( . )........

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Ya okay and you make good video's :sleeping: .........( . )( . ).........Who buys them anyways Jerry? V-Drive groupies, good stuff Jerry! :sleeping:
    You're right! I quit! no more boat videos! My next project will be a documentary about drunken canadian tweekers who aren't sharp enough to use a boat cover in a snow storm or have the ability to make a right turn (in their boat or life) without turning to a bunch of v-drive groupies for help. btw, Daisy duke wants her shorts back HOMO!

dmontzsta
    You're right! I quit! no more boat videos! My next project will be a documentary about drunken canadian tweekers who aren't sharp enough to use a boat cover in a snow storm or have the ability to make a right turn (in their boat or life) without turning to a bunch of v-drive yuppies for help. btw, Daisy duke wants her shorts back HOMO!
    http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/M..._got_owned.jpg

Just for comparison,I'll put in my 2 cents.We ran a cole tr-2 with a 840 hp 522ci chev it had 25 gears and 10 3/4 -16 prop and ran a best of 8.55 @127 at chowcilla.Not sure how good that is but, I know all the numbers are correct.
    In a perfect world, that can be done in a jetboat, but its not going to happen with a garage built deal.
    Copy pasted from "Fools Paradise" ad on Dragboats.com.
    -468 Chevy by Joey Grose 600 HP on Dyno. Less than 30 passes since new. All steel, roller w/ oval port heads & single 850DP on Weiand Stealth manifold. Ran 10.50's in above hull w/ no tune up. Complete Carb to pan. $
    -468 Chevy by Joey Grose. 725HP on Dyno Less than 30 passes since freshened with new Eagle rods, all steel. Finished 2004 season in the #129 Blu By U boat - Ran 9.47 with two Demon 750's on Victor Ram Manifold. Complete carbs to pan.
    Can a jetboat turn a 10.5 with only 600 hp?
    What about 9.5 with 725 hp?
    I think my boat will go 9.5 with 725hp with no trouble.

Roman 1
    Kim, they are all just a bunch of whacker haters.
    When they are wrenching on their (car motors) im out there running my marine motor :jawdrop:
    Don't worry guys, I'll handle the lite work....
    Blent over,
    We don't hate whackers in here, where do you think we get our entertainment? For instance...did you attend the latest BBSP? [insert cricket sounds] Thats right, the car motor boat went undefeated! The only peeps wrenching on car motors are you non mechanical wacker girls because your tundra tow vehicle never got fresh plugs. Next time remember to call your (v-drive owning) mechanic neighbor and pay attention when class is in session.
    Do you know how many old ass farts ran their pontoon equipped marine motors today? pretty exciting :sleeping: :sleeping:
    next time you run that thing trim my hedges :notam:
    R1 takin out the trash.

QuickJet
    Ha ha ha, Roman that was some good stuff.
    Hey LVJETBOY. You seem to have taken issue with my comparrison between the Bahner jet and the Cole V-drive. I guess the only proper way to compare the two types of drives is to have them in somewhat similar hulls that have identical cuts and weights. I think the perfect comparrison would be that of the Hondo. Back in the day you could get the Hondo in V-dive or Jet. Guess which one was faster the Hondo Jet or the Hondo V-drive? Both were 18 foot sprints. Hondo even made a Jet flat bottom. Didn't work to well. The V-drive Hondo was way faster. It was such a better performing boat that Hondo stopped making the Jet version all together.
    What's the average speed of a lake jet boat? 65 maybe 70 mph!! Whats the average speed of a lake V-drive? 80 maybe 90.
    You are right though, you really can't compare the two. The V-drive is so much better that comparring it to a jet is useless.
    Incidently, have you ever owned a quality built V-Drive? I've had both.
    Don't get me wrong, I know that there are some serious jets out there, but for every 1 jet that hauls ass, there are 50 v-drives that will hand it it's ass!!
    Oh,and you might want to check out the Bnderlog board. Seems they can't find anyone to bring the Patato Salad for the next outing. :hammerhea

blender over
    Don't worry guys, I'll handle the lite work....
    Blent over,
    We don't hate whackers in here, where do you think we get our entertainment? For instance...did you attend the latest BBSP? [insert cricket sounds] Thats right, the car motor boat went undefeated! The only peeps wrenching on car motors are you non mechanical wacker girls because your tundra tow vehicle never got fresh plugs. Next time remember to call your (v-drive owning) mechanic neighbor and pay attention when class is in session.
    Do you know how many old ass farts ran their pontoon equipped marine motors today? pretty exciting :sleeping: :sleeping:
    next time you run that thing trim my hedges :notam:
    R1 takin out the trash.
    Roman, yes i did attend the last bbsp, I sat there for about 2 hours, nothing was happening, so i left, i got better things to due on my vacation like {DRIVE MY BOAT} unlike your trailer queen ass.
    Im not saying my boat is fast in any way, but i still due 85mph gps with 225hp.
    All you guys try to take cheep shots at o/b's, why, are you jellous of the hp to mph ratio?
    If there was some way i could put 700hp to my o/b {like you guys have in your car motors} you v-drive fags would go run away with your tail between your legs.
    Go ahead romen im ready for your response, or anybody's considering i am posting in the v-drive thread :rollside:
    P.S v-drives suck, go buy a new boat and stop living in the past :devil:
    Oh ya, go ahead and hate me, at least i dont have to wake up at 6:00 in the morning to drive my boat, and then pull it off at 7:00. Sounds like fun

QuickJet
    Nothing wrong with outboards, except for the fact that they are ugly and sport zero chrome. Chick factor has to be pretty low too I'd imagine. Well that and the import Honda sound that they make. Not to mention all the blue smoke they emitt upon start up. You know what, when you get right down to it I really don't like out boards!!!!

blender over
    Nothing wrong with outboards, except for the fact that they are ugly and sport zero chrome. Chick factor has to be pretty low too I'd imagine. Well that and the import Honda sound that they make. Not to mention all the blue smoke they emitt upon start up. You know what, when you get right down to it I really don't like out boards!!!!
    That's cool, i really dont like v-drives.
    Been there done that with the big block motor. Cool yes!!! Stupid yes too!!!
    When it comes down to it, how many girls do you see at the river compared to havazoo??? You probley could not answer this question considering your v-drive would sink in a matter of secconds in havazoo.
    I dont want to get into a big pissing contest, so it is pretty much "what ever floats your boat"
    I would rather argue with some CHINK doing 55pmh in the fast lane on the freeway.
    At least we have something in common, BOATS.

Jet City
    That's cool, i really dont like v-drives.
    Been there done that with the big block motor. Cool yes!!! Stupid yes too!!!
    When it comes down to it, how many girls do you see at the river compared to havazoo??? You probley could not answer this question considering your v-drive would sink in a matter of secconds in havazoo.
    I dont want to get into a big pissing contest, so it is pretty much "what ever floats your boat"
    I would rather argue with some CHINK doing 55pmh in the fast lane on the freeway.
    At least we have something in common, BOATS.
    I'd like you to give me some specifics (engine/drive details) in regard to your old V-drive boat.