Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The REAL MPH difference between a Jet and a V drive!

Kim Hanson

Kim Hanson
    Kimmie nice to see you sobered up must be hung over though HUH HEE HAWW
    I just got back from work , hung over from a few beers .......( . )( . ).........

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    You suck at chop shop Donald :idea: Owned, hahahahahahaha
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center.../72donaldz.jpg
    This is pretty funny!!!

77charger
    simple no real comparison.A v drive will go faster on the same power its a proven point wheter the jet is set up properly or not.That falt might not be set up properly either.
    Either way the prop will win now a jet set up properly vs a non properly set up flat it might be close but not faster.
    I know from expeience set up is important my best friends placecraft(jetboat) went 87 mph after mpd race set up it went 106mph same motor but was still slower than a little less hp flat his dad owned(one i drive)a lightwieght tunnel vs a heavy layed up hondo(same as m&ds hondo)just less power
    go to hydro on the same power it will go even faster but IMO a hydro is a flatbottom with training sponsons(oops did i just say that.LOL)

Kim Hanson
    simple no real comparison.A v drive will go faster on the same power its a proven point wheter the jet is set up properly or not.That falt might not be set up properly either.
    Either way the prop will win now a jet set up properly vs a non properly set up flat it might be close but not faster.
    I know from expeience set up is important my best friends placecraft(jetboat) went 87 mph after mpd race set up it went 106mph same motor but was still slower than a little less hp flat his dad owned(one i drive)a lightwieght tunnel vs a heavy layed up hondo(same as m&ds hondo)just less power
    go to hydro on the same power it will go even faster but IMO a hydro is a flatbottom with training sponsons(oops did i just say that.LOL)
    Since you brought up Hydro's, give the same HP to a OB Tunnel and what would it be like , OB would eat them silly.........( . )( . ).........I forgot Jets and the Flatty's

77charger
    Since you brought up Hydro's, give the same HP to a OB Tunnel and what would it be like , OB would eat them silly.........( . )( . ).........I forgot Jets and the Flatty's
    well i dont see any top fuel o/bs that can compete.O/bs equal the list of excuses after they lose a race,even more than the jet boats.
    wont talk about turns though different story.

Roman 1
    Kim, as efficient as an outboard tunnel may be, a hydro is more efficient. Outboard hydros race all over the east coast and south east U.S. They are small one person missiles that you kneel on or laydown in. They will never out accelerate the fastest big blocks. An outboard can't make enough power no matter what you do to it to ever be top gun at the drags. They do on the other hand make great fishing, pontoon and general purpose poker run boats (for those with deep pockets). Isn't that good enough for you? Why do you feel obligated to sell us on how great your HST is? We don't like civics with big exhaust tips or their land based cousins.
    See Kim, I can be nice.
    Roman Won! :skull:

Bt273
    ANOTHER REASON WHY YOU DONT OWN A V-DRIVE IS YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH WAVO'S TO DRIVE A FAST BOAT THATS WHY YOU HAVE A BOAT THAT YOU AND YOUR WIFE CAN SHARE LIKE HER MINIVAN!! Now go mix up some fuel for yer whacker :rollside: :rollside:
    That is just perfect, enough said!!!! :rollside:

dmontzsta
    You suck at chop shop Donald :idea: Owned, hahahahahahaha
    Suck? like you suck dicks?
    I am not going to ***** out this thread anymore. You whacker homos have done a good enough job trying to prove that a ugly, pussy sounding boat is cool or something.
    If you want to compete in PS I will bring some pain to you, but Rex would end up pulling it down faster than you pull your pants down and bend over for lucky.

RedRocket
    I know how efficient V-drives are compared to jets but if anyone is interested: 19' eagle alum. hull does 80 mph with 400 hp, and the 21' tunnel with nothing but the necessities will do 95+ with 550 hp.