Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The REAL MPH difference between a Jet and a V drive!

Kim Hanson
    Suck? like you suck dicks?
    I am not going to ***** out this thread anymore. You whacker homos have done a good enough job trying to prove that a ugly, pussy sounding boat is cool or something.
    If you want to compete in PS I will bring some pain to you, but Rex would end up pulling it down faster than you pull your pants down and bend over for lucky.
    Pain, don't start talking about Maxima's again :notam: last time was good enough Tweety RiceBoy.........( . )( . )................

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    ”Hey LVJETBOY. You seem to have taken issue with my comparrison between the Bahner jet and the Cole V-drive. I guess the only proper way to compare the two types of drives is to have them in somewhat similar hulls”
    I’d agree somewhat. Only issue I had was the accuracy of your comparison. You may’ve noticed and I’ve posted many times before? I think a prop is more efficient than a jet.
    That said I believe hull weight and drag in your “Real Difference” comparison apples to oranges. If so, that alone tempers your reported wow factor and drive choice worship. Nobody’s stepped up and acknowledged yet, but is your Cole tr2 really that much shorter than your Bahner? To some maybe length doesn’t matter. But length and weight can make a huge difference at high speed in a small high-performance hull, even with the same hull design. 140 lbs in my jet means 6-7 mph off top speed. I’m sorry, haven’t run the 1/4 mile, but I’m sure an extra 140 lbs would also affect my et (for those who choose to focus on et. and the 1/4 mile.)
    ” Hondo even made a Jet flat bottom. Didn't work to well. The V-drive Hondo was way faster.”
    That may be an example of poor drive-hull application, not proof of value…one drive over the other. Maybe Hondo’s flat bottom design unloaded the jet? My point: you posted The Real Difference. Yet the true difference may be less than you think (or’d admit in this v-drive forum) For similar weight hulls and a hull design matched to the propulsion choice. Is a Tr-2 really only 17’10” long?
    I think the “true” difference is less than 10 mph. At least in the power range you run. That for equal weight boats with hulls matched to their respective propulsion and equally tweaked setups. You said jets run 65-70 but v’s run 80-90? I think that’s an exaggeration. If not exaggeration then a conclusion based on limited data and apples to oranges. I’ve tracked numbers from both jets and v-drives and if you filter out hp, hull and other BS, difference in performance not that much between the two. Yet there is some.
    ”Oh,and you might want to check out the Bnderlog board. Seems they can't find anyone to bring the Patato Salad for the next outing.”
    ??? I rarely read or post to Banderlog. You should know that because I’m not social by nature.
    jer
    Jer, a basic problem here is the inability to compare hulls accurately. We are compairing flats and hydros to v-bottoms and tunnels. Add in that, flats vary just like tunnels come in different designs. Is it possible to make an exact comparo given these variables?
    Still looks like the 650 horse 121 mph "true flat" SS boat has the field covered. IMO
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...Kilo%20001.jpg
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...-70%20Kilo.jpg

dmontzsta
    Jerry, I think that would be considered..."properly setup".
    Now, what can a properly setup jetboat with 650hp do?

wsuwrhr
    Now, what can a properly setup jetboat with 650hp do?
    Jer? Jer?
    Brian

blender over
    That is just perfect, enough said!!!! :rollside:
    bt273 what is so perfect about that?
    look at the way you sit in your boat :rollside:
    You look like a fag sitting on a bannana :jawdrop:
    Your the guys driving around mini vans trying to act hard when get to the river.
    I drive a chevy 2500 4x4 diesel crew cab 2005.
    my wife drives drives a dodge magnum hemi.
    ENOUGH SAID!
    Hay if you guys can come in the outboard threads and start bashing, why can i come to your threads and have a little fun!!!!!!!!!!
    Dont take it personally, its only the internet

Sangerboy
    If there was some way i could put 700hp to my o/b {like you guys have in your car motors} you v-drive fags would go run away with your tail between your legs.
    I think we've found the core issue......YOU CAN'T .... and btw, v-drivers don't need a tail between our legs, we're very happy with what's there already, thank you

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
    bt273 what is so perfect about that?
    look at the way you sit in your boat :rollside:
    You look like a fag sitting on a bannana :jawdrop:
    Your the guys driving around mini vans trying to act hard when get to the river.
    I drive a chevy 2500 4x4 diesel crew cab 2005.
    my wife drives drives a dodge magnum hemi.
    ENOUGH SAID!
    Hay if you guys can come in the outboard threads and start bashing, why can i come to your threads and have a little fun!!!!!!!!!!
    Dont take it personally, its only the internet
    ......................your point is??????..............

Kim Hanson
    "Im not saying my boat is fast in any way, but i still due 85mph gps with 225hp. All you guys try to take cheep shots at o/b's, why, are you jellous of the hp to mph ratio?"
    Blendover, some guys a cheap shot, I'm not. O/b's rule in power-to-weight...within a certain performance range. You said...
    "If there was some way i could put 700hp to my o/b {like you guys have in your car motors} you v-drive fags would go run away with your tail between your legs."
    In theory yes...in reality excuse me? If you could put 700 hp to your o/b then you'd rule. The design of your o/b's optimizes power-to-weight but tends to limit big (as in 700 hp) power. Can your o/b live with 700 hp and do it reliably? I think not. If not then?
    So the question of putting 700 hp to your o/b becomes so what? If your drive can't live with that power then what difference does it make? So also comparing 85 mph w/225 hp means little when it comes to big speed and power.
    jer
    Jer, what we are trying to say is that my boat weighs a total of 1500lbs. and I can achieve speeds in the hundreds with only 340hp. and still keep it under or really close to 6000 rpms, so imagine what this power plant could do! :idea: ........( . )( . )............
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...bigger_pic.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Jer, what we are trying to say is that my boat weighs a total of 1500lbs. and I can achieve speeds in the hundreds with only 340hp. and still keep it under or really close to 6000 rpms, so imagine what this power plant could do! :idea: ........( . )( . )............
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...bigger_pic.jpg
    Instead of imagining what it could do, why don't you tell us what it does do :mix:

lucky
    shit kimmy , that whole engine , looks about a 1471