Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL MPH difference between a Jet and a V drive!

MAXIMUS
    I don't see what the drama is. Congrats man, isn't driving a flat the most bad ass feeling?
    You are the Drama big boy! :messedup:

superdave013
    You are the Drama big boy! :messedup:
    and you my friend are the mullet king. :2purples:

dmontzsta
    Cover your cornflakes cause LV is pissing again . Popcorn anyone?
    lol
    Please, give me some popcorn.
    He has something to try and prove again.

There is a handful of guys on Banderlog with "run of the mill" Bahners that run all of 91.3-91.4.
    Are you sure its "THE REAL DIFFERENCE" ?

single barrel
    There is a handful of guys on Banderlog with "run of the mill" Bahners that run all of 91.3-91.4.
    Can't handle the truth CS19? Jets are turds and more power is needed to run with flats? Accept it and purchase one!!!

superdave013
    I wonder how fast a Cole TR2 would go with one of their engines? :idea:
    Lets see, a new Ultra tunnel with a stepped up blown bbc with 572" runs 124mph and I'm thinking that the Hondo that was out with you guys only has a 540" NA and runs much faster and quicker to boot.
    My 1974 Hondo only had a 461" blown deal and it ran faster and quicker then Cyclone's set up. Humm, yes I think there is a difference.

superdave013
    To put it into perspective....My motor in my old jet boat went 115 and change...same motor in my new jet boat went 124 and change. its all in the hull and set up and not the method of propulsion. Either one will get the job done when set up properly.
    never seen a bahner that set the world on fire performance wise. You just went from an average jet boat to a better vdrive is all.
    same engine hu? C'Mon Mike

lucky
    all i have to say about this is -- if my aunt had balls she'd have been my uncle-
    a prop will always be more effecient than a jet -- no if , ands or butts.

LakesOnly
    A friend of mine was the World Record holder in Pro Gas Jet in 1991...held down both ends of the record...something like 8.055 @ 125 mph or so. So back then, 125mph was a fast as that naturally aspirated/carbureted motor could make the tunnel hull go...and World Record at that. The record was received with that engine, and the engine was retired and sat idle in his shop (for sentimental reasons).
    Then in 1993, the same engine was leased for a season to a guy running Pro Gas Flat. In the prop boat, the same motor moved the prop boat a consisent 7.80's @ 137 mph, or 12 mph faster than the world record holding Pro Gas Jet. The prop boat was the APBA high points champ that season, so max effort/consistency shows in both applicatons of the same engine, and the differences in speed are interesting, regardless of different hulls, etc. (which of course have some effect one way or the other).
    BTW, last I heard, that record setting engine is currently going into a hydro...wonder how much faster it will go now? :idea:
    LO

cyclone
    same engine hu? C'Mon Mike
    With the exception of new valve springs. its the same engine buddy.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast