Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL MPH difference between a Jet and a V drive!

dmontzsta
    now thats a quality post.
    bet your boat runs like your mouth.
    Yeah. He doesnt hold back.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Is there a 21' vdrive available that could run 117 with a mild 540 and 9 lbs of boost??? Not a light weight mind you but a full tilt "ski boat"! :idea: :messedup:
    Mullet ehh??? Hmmm... biatch! :boxingguy
    Max, why don't you define "ski boat" for us since we ***boat forum members can't seam to get on the same page. I say that based on the "lake boat"/ "race boat controversy" that never seems to be settled or should I say defined to everyones satisfaction.
    BTW, a "full tilt" ski boat doesn't have an Enderle nor does it run anything but pump gas. Make a list of parameters before I start throwing down pics of ex ski race boats or interiored GN boats. :idea:

cyclone
    Max, why don't you define "ski boat" for us since we ***boat forum members can't seam to get on the same page. I say that based on the "lake boat"/ "race boat controversy" that never seems to be settled or should I say defined to everyones satisfaction.
    BTW, a "full tilt" ski boat doesn't have an Enderle nor does it run anything but pump gas. Make a list of parameters before I start throwing down pics of ex ski race boats or interiored GN boats. :idea:
    Ok i'm with you here just as long as you dont try to bust out with some fabled 21 Schiada RC that supposedly runs 117 mph on pump gas. I know lots of 21 RC owners that think their boat runs 100 until the gps tells em differently.

FLYTE RISK
    Well I can honestly say I have seen quick jet's boat, when another board member was looking for one.. We had the tape measure out and let me tell ya (quick jet dont take this wrong) the motor was not in the quote un quote proper location nor was the V-Drive or strut, so sorry CS your set up argument is way off....... Furthermore there may be some additional M.P.H in the boat.. But is it really about M.P.H, last time I looked boats were raced in E.T brackets not M.P.H!! Just my opinion I will find out if my boat is on the right track at Ming!! B.T.W Thanks M and D perf. for the set up help for my old Hondo!!

Kim Hanson
    now thats a quality post.
    bet your boat runs like your mouth.
    Look at his post, he's slower than Forest Gump with out leg brace's..........( . )( . )............

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Ok i'm with you here just as long as you dont try to bust out with some fabled 21 Schiada RC that supposedly runs 117 mph on pump gas. I know lots of 21 RC owners that think their boat runs 100 until the gps tells em differently.
    I don't risk the fallout from posting "supposedlys". When people tell me how fast they think they are I validate it (or not) by many things...is the guy credible? Maybe a past racer that has a good feel for (recorded) speed, someone who has the equipment to back the claim and the proper instruments (GPS or Radar for ex.) for measure. Or have I seen or even taped a measured run.
    I am a gearhead 1st and a half ass camera guy 2nd. I mingle with all forms of racing personas and consider myself a student when in their company. I try to arm myself with quality info not B.S. and I never post speeds that I personnally cannot verify.
    I agree with you that there aren't very many 100 mph Schiadas running the local waterways but guys like Gary Hairabedian and Jon Meads are well over 100. My favorite boat for max's compairison would be the yellow 20ft Rayson craft that showed up at CBBB saturday just before sundown. It was previously owned by Bud Simi and runs a twin turbo chevy. Unlike the schiada the 20 ft Rayson GN runs on its ass and is capable of 120 plus given the right power and set up and it chews up 2 to 3 ft chop.
    --Jerry

MikeF
    the 20 ft Rayson GN runs on its ass and is capable of 120 plus given the right power and set up and it chews up 2 to 3 ft chop.--Jerry
    I'd like to order one...would you like that to go.....yes, TO GO!

Look at his post, he's slower than Forest Gump with out leg brace's..........( . )( . )............
    look at ALL of your posts, you gotta be kidding me.

Well I can honestly say I have seen quick jet's boat, when another board member was looking for one.. We had the tape measure out and let me tell ya (quick jet dont take this wrong) the motor was not in the quote un quote proper location nor was the V-Drive or strut, so sorry CS your set up argument is way off....... Furthermore there may be some additional M.P.H in the boat.. But is it really about M.P.H, last time I looked boats were raced in E.T brackets not M.P.H!! Just my opinion I will find out if my boat is on the right track at Ming!! B.T.W Thanks M and D perf. for the set up help for my old Hondo!!
    Your measurement has nothing to do with where I was going, its a losing battle anyways. You guys rule and everyone else sucks, works for me.
    I agree with the ET comment, see you at Ming.
    CS

Squirtin Thunder
    I don't risk the fallout from posting "supposedlys". When people tell me how fast they think they are I validate it (or not) by many things...is the guy credible? Maybe a past racer that has a good feel for (recorded) speed, someone who has the equipment to back the claim and the proper instruments (GPS or Radar for ex.) for measure. Or have I seen or even taped a measured run.
    I am a gearhead 1st and a half ass camera guy 2nd. I mingle with all forms of racing personas and consider myself a student when in their company. I try to arm myself with quality info not B.S. and I never post speeds that I personnally cannot verify.
    I agree with you that there aren't very many 100 mph Schiadas running the local waterways but guys like Gary Hairabedian and Jon Meads are well over 100. My favorite boat for max's compairison would be the yellow 20ft Rayson craft that showed up at CBBB saturday just before sundown. It was previously owned by Bud Simi and runs a twin turbo chevy. Unlike the schiada the 20 ft Rayson GN runs on its ass and is capable of 120 plus given the right power and set up and it chews up 2 to 3 ft chop.
    --Jerry
    Jerry do you have a pic of that boat ???

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast