Thread: Location of the Mirage Jetboat molds??????

sdba069
    Just curious if someone may know where the Mirage jetboat molds ended up. I know they went to Houston after Brad shut down, but no idea after that.

sdba069
    Still looking.

HM
    Perhaps Jim Wilkes knows. He has a Mirage mold or two now and makes them under the name of Silverwing.

sdba069
    Thanks, I'll check. Doubt that they are the ones I'm looking for. Rumor has it they are over in East Arkansas. But, you never know.I don't believe that there has been a boat built out of them since Brad sold them.

stoker2001
    the last i heard Mike Mullins had them.mine was one of the last one that Brad Collins built and i love it.i am pretty sure i met you last month at Marble Falls?your boat was awesome and the first Mirage i have seen with a jet drive.you should come race with us at IHBA world finals in Pheonix.here is some info i found. 2300 Avenue G. Northwest Winter Haven, FL 33881 Mike Mullins 863-207-4815 .not sure if it is current?

LakesOnly
    I know where the SWTD molds are...
    LO

sdba069
    Hey Stoker. Nice meeting you down there. Pretty sure Mullin's doesn't have the jet boat molds. The guy who was with me when I ran into you owns my last Mirage Jet now and lives just down the road from Mullins in Winterhaven. That was the white one you saw which is the same one in my signature. The deck on the white one is actually the later River Racer deck that Brad was building when he closed down. It was interesting making that deck fit the jet boat hull, but we got it done. The regular jet boat deck was almost the same as the Ski Racer outboard deck, except for a couple of mods to make it jetboat engine friendly. Steve, the guy who owns the white boat now, is pulling the blown motor and installing a 477 nitrous motor, 900 hp on the juice.

sdba069
    Just keeping it up front