Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Actors! P'sOS

OGShocker
    By Shiraz Sidhva
    DEAUVILLE, France (Hollywood Reporter) - Pierce Brosnan was the only big star on hand as the Deauville Festival of American Cinema got off to a quiet start over the weekend, and he took advantage of the spotlight to blast the Bush administration's handling of the carnage caused by Hurricane Katrina.
    "This man called President Bush has a lot to answer for," the former James Bond actor told reporters Saturday. "I don't know if this man is really taking care of America. This government has been shameful."

Steve 1
    The traitorous Irish Idiot is also pissed about losing his 007 Job good riddance.. BTW got his citizenship here in 2004

Poster X
    What do you have to say about uber conservatives that are bashing Bush and conservative newspapers like The Washington Post and New Hampshire's Manchester Union-Leader bashing him? It's not just the liberals. Even well known FOX conservatives are bashing him and Homeland Security director Michael Chertoff.

Steve 1
    What do you have to say about uber conservatives that are bashing Bush and conservative newspapers like The Washington Post and New Hampshire's Manchester Union-Leader bashing him? It's not just the liberals. Even well known FOX conservatives are bashing him and Homeland Security director Michael Chertoff.
    Thought I told you to run along and Play ! Why are you still here??

Poster X
    Thought I told you to run along and Play ! Why are you still here??
    Facts confusing all that wasted synapse of yours?

HighRoller
    I think it's hilarious that people are bashing the government for "reacting too slow"...DUH! We're talking about the government here. Blaming them for being incompent is like blaming the world for being round.

Her454
    I think it's hilarious that people are bashing the government for "reacting too slow"...DUH! We're talking about the government here. Blaming them for being incompent is like blaming the world for being round.
    Ok, I havent really said much while I've read numerous posts that have bashed the government, Bush...... the finger is being pointed everywhere. The bottom line is, it was a Natural Disaster. People need support right now, not bashing and blaming, and hopefully we can learn something from this horrible disaster that will help in the future. The local authorities should have/could have done more to ensure the safety of the residents, they didn't or couldn't, we do not know all the facts yet. There are still people dying from this and the fact is, YOU are not there, you are here. Safe and sound in your home and secure with your job and family. You are also in the USA, like the Government or not, its not Russia. It could be alot worse and so could you.

Kurtis500
    I think this whole argument is void of common sense. FEMA, state, county and city emergency services are responsible for implementing and carrying out operations when disaster strikes. A Levy/dam breaking and flooding an entire large city is a disaster plan that is made well in advance. Carrying it out under unknown circumstances is difficult in the operational setting. My fire department (City of Phoenix) sent 53 trt guys by bus early last week before the aftermath problems began. I talked to one of my co-workers in New Orleans about 30 minutes ago. They are holding together a portable radio system to aid in search and rescue operations in the city which is all done by watercraft. The New Orleans Fire Department is under water right now and there is NO communications network for any agency, federal or local, to operate with effectivly. It is all destroyed or disabled. You dont just show up and set up camp then operate as normal. The variables like access, communications, logistics, resources, disease abatement, proper food clothing and shelter for rescuers ALL has to be in place prior to a single boat leaving to venture out in the watered streets and canals of New Orleans to find a person who is stranded that will themselves need most of the above once rescued. The need is for trained personel with the needed tools to meet the job. You need to keep in mind, a levy break and a flooded metropolis like New Orleans was not known or predicted by anyone DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN ahead of time. To direct blame and anger at a Republican President or a Democratic Govenor and Mayor is to look at three people to put a head on a platter for percieved or real mistakes made is ludicrous right now. We dont call our mayor and ask him if its OK to run a house fire call in our first due area, we are an automatic response with guidlines and policies to steer our efforts for the most effective results. FEMA and these disaster response agencies are the same way and they draw from the countries local fire and police personel. If its not perfect, it needs revamping. But dont act like this disaster has a bandaid fix with two or three people being responsible for not applying the bandaid.

Poster X
    I agree with your entire post sans this point:
    You need to keep in mind, a levy break and a flooded metropolis like New Orleans was not known or predicted by anyone DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN ahead of time.
    It was known within the federal infrastructure this was not only a possibility but a certainty under present conditions. Nothing was done, but it WAS known.

Her454
    I agree with your entire post sans this point:
    It was known within the federal infrastructure this was not only a possibility but a certainty under present conditions. Nothing was done, but it WAS known.
    I work in Sacramento, its a known fact the area is in the same danger if a disaster of this magnitude should occur here. I wonder how truly prepared we are for it, and if I were to be blamed for not acting or doing more to try and fix the issue? California is a far richer state than Louisiana, what is the excuse here? Also, Im sure my family wouldn't be shooting at helicopters if they were trying to rescue us, but I also wouldn't want other Americans sitting there trying to place blame while my loved ones were dying all around me either.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast