Just bought a v-drive daycruiser and took it out for the weekend. Everything ran outstanding and we put at least 80 miles on the boat. The one and only problem I am having is a stumble when getting off an idle. The motor runs strong at all ranges, it just stumbles after the velvet drive is shifted into gear and the accelerator is slightly moved forward. I just pump the throttle once up and back then up again and it takes off great. I would rather not have to do this. The motor is a recently rebuilt BBC mildly hopped-up. A new MSD distributor, 6al box and blaster 2 coil. Also has a new double pumper Demon carb on it. I timed it at 32 degrees.
I havent yet looked into it closely, and just thought I would see if anyone here has ran into the same problem before...maybe it would narrow my search. I'm suspecting the problem is somewhere in the accelerator pump set-up. Although it works just fine, it may be too much or too little. Also, is there some vacuum type connection between the velvet drive and the motor? I've built a few motors along with my race motors myself and havent encountered this problem since they are set-up from the start. But since I dont know whats in the motor its going to be a little of a guessing game till I get it figured out.