Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daycruiser motor help

GofastRacer
    Curtis, the numbers on the squirters are the sizes of the holes in thousands, get yourself a #61 to #80 pin drill set and take it with you to the lake, drill the holes out .002(no more) at a time until the stumble goes away. Stock carbs usually come with too small squirters to begin with. This is a common thing and very easy to fix!..
    Another thing to check, make sure that the pump actuates as the throttle is opened, if it don't, you will have a stumble!...
    [ June 17, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

Kurtis500
    Gofast, I've got a whole asortment of HP accelerator pump nozzles for my other boat. I havent looked into the Demon yet, but I may try these if they fit. I know they are pretty big, I used them on my blower motor before I switched to injection.
    What I recall about the carb was the squirt came later after the throttle was already partially opened.

GofastRacer
    Kurtis500:
    What I recall about the carb was the squirt came later after the throttle was already partially opened. No, if the squirt came later you would have a gulp of air without fuel, that's where you would get a stumble, you have to give it fuel along with the air. If you want, e-mail me your number, I'll call ya!..

Kurtis500
    Yep. thats what I'm going to change first. I never looked into the problem at the lake and havent lifted a finger. I could have worked on it before i asked, but this helps narrow the search A LOT! First thing I am/was going to do is adjust the acelerator pump timing and nozzle size. This should solve it.. hopefully Since I didnt build this one myself I cant guage the proper carb for the motor. I never have liked doing things backwards, but after driving this thing for many miles already, I'm more than happy to get it fixed any way that is needed.
    [ June 17, 2003, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Kurtis500 ]

Itsahobby
    I am no expert, but were there new gas lines
    installed? My boat did the same thing. Turned out
    I had rubber grit in the bowls that got into
    the check valve.
    ItsaHobby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12