Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: YFZ450 hookup?

Wonderboy
    nor i.
    But then again, I maintain mine

riverroyal
    wont upshift,2nd to 3rd,3rd to 4th it feels like it just hits a wall,lever goes up and no gear locks in,also pops outta gear sometimes,,,,NORTH COUNTY YAMAHA says they cant duplicate the problem so they wont tear into the tranny,my guess is a bend shift fork or bad shift barrel or someting,its been back to NCY 2 times,total lenght about 40 days,those guys suck,I will never spend another dime there.We bought 4 atvs there last year,all in one purchase,cash,and they still wont help me.Its frustrating driving to the dez and after about a mile it just wont shift right,so when i go over the bars at 50 this season i guess a lawyer will handle it!

riverroyal
    mines perfect ,has maybe 10 hours on it :hammer2:

Wonderboy
    wont upshift,2nd to 3rd,3rd to 4th it feels like it just hits a wall,lever goes up and no gear locks in,also pops outta gear sometimes,,,,NORTH COUNTY YAMAHA says they cant duplicate the problem so they wont tear into the tranny,my guess is a bend shift fork or bad shift barrel or someting,its been back to NCY 2 times,total lenght about 40 days,those guys suck,I will never spend another dime there.We bought 4 atvs there last year,all in one purchase,cash,and they still wont help me.Its frustrating driving to the dez and after about a mile it just wont shift right,so when i go over the bars at 50 this season i guess a lawyer will handle it!
    That sucks! It does sound like a bent shifting fork. They didn't change it for you? Just make sure when you go over the bars it's in a soft spot

bordsmnj
    try taking it the rev limiter and then hitting 2-3rd. not being a smart ass but those quads HATE to be short shiftted.not meant to be"cruised" around. there is a known problem with the 2-3rd deal though on earlier 450's to be fair.

Flying Tiger
    l.a. yamaha
    jet it, pipe it,, black box it,,, you'll be happy

bordsmnj
    F.T. you should try out a Crower cam. best 200 bucks i ever spent on an upgrade.

riverroyal
    charge me a hour labor the 1st time,i nearly had heart failure i was so pissed off.After chewing everyone ass there I could find they didnt charge me.This isnt bragging really,4 bikes and gear for 4 people,helmets boats blah blah,,somewhere around 20k,and they wanted a hours labor,that was about a month after i bought the stuff,after our first dez trip,they just suck.Oh yeah,last person to ride the bike 6 month ago was them,its been in the garage since,river season started,so i stopped there last week to ask what happens next time i ride and its messed up and my warranty has expired,no answer,just a blank stare,,,,,our 1st trip is in a month,if it wont shift,im parking my weekend warrior in their drive way on a saturday and telling every person that walks in there to go somewhere else,,,ive had bikes since i was 8,this one is truly messed up,and to tear the tranny apart on my bill is about 1000$,dont wanna pay that...wheres my meds,i need a VF

Wonderboy
    charge me a hour labor the 1st time,i nearly had heart failure i was so pissed off.After chewing everyone ass there I could find they didnt charge me.This isnt bragging really,4 bikes and gear for 4 people,helmets boats blah blah,,somewhere around 20k,and they wanted a hours labor,that was about a month after i bought the stuff,after our first dez trip,they just suck.Oh yeah,last person to ride the bike 6 month ago was them,its been in the garage since,river season started,so i stopped there last week to ask what happens next time i ride and its messed up and my warranty has expired,no answer,just a blank stare,,,,,our 1st trip is in a month,if it wont shift,im parking my weekend warrior in their drive way on a saturday and telling every person that walks in there to go somewhere else,,,ive had bikes since i was 8,this one is truly messed up,and to tear the tranny apart on my bill is about 1000$,dont wanna pay that...wheres my meds,i need a VF
    Damn! I'll make sure to never go there! Is your warranty still good? If so take it somewhere else.

riverroyal
    ive tried every imaginable RPM,ive moved the shift lever to get more throw,ive adjusted the clutch lever,ive even rode with tennis shoes to get a better feel of whats happening...im pretty burned out on it,I will just plant my ass in this this yearhttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2371rhinoseats4.JPG

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast