Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: F- Site Six!

KROOZIN
    You know...this kid probably half my age (he was maybe 10 years old :wink: ) walked up and said that he had got stuck the day before, and they just threw some sand down...and it worked.
    Shit...my boat is 12K lbs on the trailer...and without that handful of sand, I'd probably still be there. I'd like to buy that kid a beer (when he gets old enough :wink: ).
    With my luck...I probably would have ended up on the roof of the Suburban....
    ...then it would have slipped back down the ramp and sank. :hammerhea
    Dude...!!! That sucks...... :jawdrop:
    So, some kid taught you a lesson..??!!? :idea:

Kachina26
    I guess my first clue to get the hell away from that posessed ramp came when I couldn't make that tight turn (the one that only bass boats can make)...and I screwed up my rims going over the curb.
    Then...the water is so low, that as I'm backing down, the damn drop off high-centers my trailer so I slam on the brakes. Did I stop?
    No!
    The boat boat continues to pull my trailer (dragging) and truck (all four wheels locked up) into the water. Luckily, when the boat floated, my truck stopped sliding.
    I don't even want to talk about getting it out of the water... :eat:
    Folks like you are the reason folks like me hang out just to watch
    What possessed you to launch there?

Jbb
    Consider perhaps,.....a jetboat...

Tom Brown
    Maybe you should stud up those tires.
    BTW, locked tires is not the best way to stop. You are supposed to let off the peddle until the tires unlock and then press it again until they lock... keep doing that until you hear a bang or splash. It's tough to think of when that sort of stuff happens but it's the only effective technique when it's really greasy or icy and when traction is really terrible, it's just barely effective.
    Sorry about the gong show. Hey... here's an idea... maybe that tuna boat of yours is way, way too big? :idea:

Jbb
    BTW, locked tires is not the best way to stop. You are supposed to let off the peddle until the tires unlock and then press it again until they lock... keep doing that until you hear a bang or splash. It's tough to think of when that sort of stuff happens but it's the only effective technique when it's really greasy or icy and when traction is really terrible, it's just barely effective.
    Sorry about the gong show. Hey... here's an idea... maybe that tuna boat of yours is way, way too big? :idea:
    pedal not peddle...Thank you..

Tom Brown
    That's just greet.

Havasu Hangin'
    So, some kid taught you a lesson..??!!? :idea:
    Yeah...he said that he was hiding from some guy with a Skater named "KROOZIN FOR LITTLE BOYS" last weekend. :supp:
    What possessed you to launch there?
    Tha Nautical was out of commission, and I didn't want to risk Windsor. :hammer2:
    Jimmy told me that he used to launch is 42" Formula (with triples) there...no problems. I think that once people start using the ramp, and it gets wet, the games on.
    If the ramp was dry, it would probably not be a problem.

Tom Brown
    That Jimmy is quite the practical joker.

Havasu Hangin'
    Maybe you Canadians should come down and show us how it's done "on the frozen ponds back home, eh"?
    I kept thinking, "I'm trying to get out...and they keep pulling me back in".
    That Jimmy is quite the practical joker.
    Yeah...a very funny guy. I guess I should have gotten suspicious when he said he was doing it with a golf cart, too.

Hey... here's an idea... maybe that tuna boat of yours is way, way too big? :idea:
    obviously for Site six.
    btw F-site six

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast