Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: F- Site Six!

BoatFloating
    I think ole HH has problems at ramps period. Get your wife to drive the truck next time. :jawdrop:

Havasu Hangin'
    obviously for Site six.
    My boat is a "Tugboat". It used to be a "Tuna boat" before I was married. :notam:
    I think ole HH has problems at ramps period. Get your wife to drive the truck next time. :jawdrop:
    I was going to try Crazyhorse, but then I remembered the "Boatfloating crator" that he dug in the ramp to get back at me for all the Oompa Loompa comments. :boxingguy

Evil-E
    Is there anywhere in Havasu a 30+ boat can launch safely? We are planning a trip on the 30th and this shit makes me nervous! The Marina is out of the question.

Kachina26
    Tha Nautical was out of commission, and I didn't want to risk Windsor. :hammer2:
    Jimmy told me that he used to launch is 42" Formula (with triples) there...no problems. I think that once people start using the ramp, and it gets wet, the games on.
    If the ramp was dry, it would probably not be a problem.
    Jay drops his 42 in at Windsor with no problems. As long as you stay away from the rocks and use the north ramp, it's no problem. Sorry to hear about the trailer, I guess it coulda been worse.

Not So Fast
    Is there anywhere in Havasu a 30+ boat can launch safely? We are planning a trip on the 30th and this shit makes me nervous! The Marina is out of the question.
    Windsor is a pretty safe bet, I've seen lots of big Skaters and the like launch there, it's just that the water level is low, so if you dont know the lake that well ASK SOMEBODY, especially heading up river :idea: NSF

Havasu Luvr
    FYI, Crazyhorse had 1/2 of the ramp closed due to low water. Also I was told they were only allowing pontoons to launch. The marina was good to go. I launch my 29'er in lane 1 with plenty of room (10' of ramp left). The marina only had 2 ramp open on the morning, lane 1 & 7.

UnionJack
    I guess you were to big for the marina?

SummitKarl
    Yeah...he said that he was hiding from some guy with a Skater named "KROOZIN FOR LITTLE BOYS" last weekend. :supp:
    Tha Nautical was out of commission, and I didn't want to risk Windsor. :hammer2:
    Jimmy told me that he used to launch is 42" Formula (with triples) there...no problems. I think that once people start using the ramp, and it gets wet, the games on.
    If the ramp was dry, it would probably not be a problem.
    na site 6 is just a biatch, when the lake is low, lower ramp angle is steep, it's actually great when the lake is up and very easy for the one man launch thing. next time HH do this it works for me every single time!!!! at site six
    with the e-brake on
    put your rig in 2nd gear (not drive or low)
    apply some some gas till your "power braking" (no tire spin)
    with your foot or hand on the e-brake SLOWLY release it till you start to move, keep the e-brake at that position till the boat is up and out,, release the e-brake and your done. or just call me and I will pull you out with 2wd

Havasu Hangin'
    I guess it coulda been worse.
    Yes, it could've been worse. I plan on getting the trailer refurbished this winter, anyway. In the big picture...it's probably only a few hundred bucks worth of damage.
    Hell...the $499 gas bill was probably worse! :supp:
    I guess you were to big for the marina?
    Yeah...I'm told "too big" quite a bit (and the boat, too).

Whipped Caliber
    Dam the one night we don't go down to site 6 to see the fun!! We have HH show up "DAM IT" we had rivertoys and waterndog with us too!!
    Stoped useing site 6 after we lost a prop there!!!
    It's pulled my truck in the water as well.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast