Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: F- Site Six!

Tom Brown
    You wouldn't have been in that mess had you bought a pool instead...

... so he could run his SeaDoo in a log-free environment.

Kilrtoy
    My boat is a "Tugboat". It used to be a "Tuna boat" before I OWNED IT. :notam:
    I corrected the sentence for you......

AirtimeLavey
    Ok, sorry to hear about your troubles, but glad to hear I'm not the only idiot... and even pros like you have issues there. :hammerhea
    Launched my Lavey 24 NuEra there (fockin site 6) on Sat. morning after the guy working at Crazyhorse told me it might be better at site 6 than trying to launch there at CH. Having never launched at either place, sounded great, and I appreciated the advice.
    For the launch, thought we were bringing the Tahoe with us (in the water). :2purples: Fortunately, stopped (sliding) before the water line. Bottomed the trailer, just a bit, but not bad.
    For the retrieve, the ramp was wet, so I took it real easy backing in. Brought the boat up, but the g/f couldn't hook up the strap because the nose was below the pulley, because of the steep angle. Backed the boat, and had the g/f ssslllooowly back the trailer down more. Brought the boat back up and got the strap clipped to the bow eye, told the g/f to pull the Tahoe forward as I made sure the boat sat right on the trailer. I told the g/f to go, she said she was...all four wheels spun and car drifted sideways! (4wd). Trailer fockin high centered. I had her back it down slowly, then go forward and DO NOT stop. Made the most god awful noise and sparks and shiat, but we got clear. Through all this, guy launching small jet came over and helped and told me what a nightmare that ramp was and it's an event for locals to come and watch. Fockers....get a life! :eat:
    Then, while wiping down, could hear others making similar horrifying noises (tires squealing, metal grinding, etc) and I knew it wasn't just me feeling stupid. F - Site 6. :yuk:

spectras only
    You wouldn't have been in that mess had you bought a pool instead...

I wouldn't be in this mess , had I bought a pool and played with R/C boats instead

clearfork
    Anybody have pics so we could get an idea what the ramp looks like?
    Not that it would matter for me, just curious. Thanks,

Havasu Hangin'
    Ok, sorry to hear about your troubles, but glad to hear I'm not the only idiot... and even pros like you have issues there. :hammerhea
    Launched my Lavey 24 NuEra there (fockin site 6) on Sat. morning after the guy working at Crazyhorse told me it might be better at site 6 than trying to launch there at CH. Having never launched at either place, sounded great, and I appreciated the advice.
    For the launch, thought we were bringing the Tahoe with us (in the water). :2purples: Fortunately, stopped (sliding) before the water line. Bottomed the trailer, just a bit, but not bad.
    For the retrieve, the ramp was wet, so I took it real easy backing in. Brought the boat up, but the g/f couldn't hook up the strap because the nose was below the pulley, because of the steep angle. Backed the boat, and had the g/f ssslllooowly back the trailer down more. Brought the boat back up and got the strap clipped to the bow eye, told the g/f to pull the Tahoe forward as I made sure the boat sat right on the trailer. I told the g/f to go, she said she was...all four wheels spun and car drifted sideways! (4wd). Trailer fockin high centered. I had her back it down slowly, then go forward and DO NOT stop. Made the most god awful noise and sparks and shiat, but we got clear. Through all this, guy launching small jet came over and helped and told me what a nightmare that ramp was and it's an event for locals to come and watch. Fockers....get a life! :eat:
    Then, while wiping down, could hear others making similar horrifying noises (tires squealing, metal grinding, etc) and I knew it wasn't just me feeling stupid. F - Site 6. :yuk:
    Sorry to hear it happened to you, too.
    I've launched at every ramp in Havasu at one time or another...those people need to spend some money on thier ramps. Hell...the lake is only down two feet or so. What the hell kind of ramps get dangerous when the lake drops two feet?
    My kid with his Bob the Builder tractor can build a better ramps than Havasu has!
    PS- F- The Marina!
    Anybody have pics so we could get an idea what the ramp looks like?
    Not that it would matter for me, just curious. Thanks,
    I might be able to get some pics this weekend.

AirtimeLavey
    [QUOTE=Havasu Hangin']Sorry to hear it happened to you, too.
    I've launched at every ramp in Havasu at one time or another...those people need to spend some money on thier ramps. Hell...the lake is only down two feet or so. What the hell kind of ramps get dangerous when the lake drops two feet?
    My kid with his Bob the Builder tractor can build a better ramps than Havasu has!
    PS- F- The Marina!
    So, if the Marina is f-d, where else is a good place to launch this time of year?

Phat Matt
    I have always launched at Winsor and never had a problem. I always see big boats launching there as well.

voodoomedman
    I have always launched at Winsor and never had a problem. I always see big boats launching there as well.
    North Ramp and stay in the middle when the water is low.

AirtimeLavey
    Guess we'll try there next.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast