Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Spectra 20

Hot Rod Hallett
    I have posted before in regards to possibly stepping up into a daycruiser and think that a Spectra 20 is the most logical, cash friendly choice. I would like to find a clean Spectra 20 with preferably a BBC for power and a Berkeley pump. A jet is wanted as I boat the river as well as on Mead. I would like to find a clean turn key boat that I do not have to toss a bunch of cash in right off the bat. Does anybody have anything or know of any nice boats for sale? I would also entertain a Hallet 18 mini cruiser but think a Spectra 20 is my best option.
    Hot Rod Hallett

napabob
    Also try:
    http://www.spectramarine.com/
    under 'Classifieds'.
    Good luck,

MudPumper
    C'mon guys, somebody help him find a Spectra 20'. :wink:

Nucking futs
    how bout a southwind 20...................

Hot Rod Hallett
    Tim- If the price was in a more doable area I would consider it. Is the engine fixed. What happened?
    Travis

Nucking futs
    Lifter broke, took out the cam and seized the oil pump. melted the main bearings,which took out the crank.carnage broke or knicked 4 pistons . Lifter bore is groved real bad, so I need new block, pistons, cam, lifters, crank and all new bearings. Basiclly a new engine. the heads are the only thing good cuz they were just done before CBBB when a guide was bad and the valve taking out the seat.Its ok, part failures suck, especially when someone else was driving and sauid they were going to take care of it and i havent heard a thing from them. You know if i broke there boat i would be all over at least helping out in some way. Oh well Take some peoples word for what its worth and move on. I can't afford to fix it right now being unemployed and trying to get the dragster done for spring. I would love to get out of it less engine but thats hard with kind of boat being everyone wants a turn key boat this size.
    Good luck on your search for the spectra, should be some coming around for sale now that the season is ending.

BK
    What would you be looking to get less motor? It really is a super nice ride from the pics ive seen posted.

Nucking futs
    I would take 10 k right now just to get out of it.
    everthing less engine.....

hack job
    I would take 10 k right now just to get out of it.
    everthing less engine.....
    thats a good deal!!!! some one named travis should hop on that

Hot Rod Hallett
    Sounds tempting but I could not get out of my boat enough to buy it cash and then build a motor. I also would not want to stick a box stock BBC in it either. If I can't come across a turn key clean cruiser for between 10-12 than I will just run my Hallett another season or two. Nothing wrong with my boat. Brand new turn key motor and pump, good solid hull, nice interior. Not complaining just looking to get into something bigger.
    Hot Rod Hallett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast