Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emken???????

daddy b
    Does anyone know anything about Emken flat 18' boats??????
    Thanks for any help, daddy b :rollside:

flattie
    My friend Pete in Wisconsin has one this it
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...09Mvc-004f.jpg

daddy b
    Thanks flattie, my dad is looking to buy a 480 bbc single turbo, and we know nothing about it. Any idea what year his is? Were they made for race, circle, or ski? Your bro's is a cool looking boat, are they heavy, because it would be a lake boat?
    Thanks daddy b

vdrive502
    Hi, daddy b this is pete and I have a 18ft Emkin runner bottom the one in the picture above.

daddy b
    Hey vdrive502, welcome to the boards, niiiice boat, looks fast and fun. My dad is looking to buy this Emkin(he has seen the boat but I haven't, doesn't know v drives), and I'm trying to answer questions so I can inform. It has a 48something, with turbo, new custom paint. Are they all runner bottoms? Do I detect a Mandella in the splash? What years were they made, are they light layups, adjustable plates, what kind of v drives did they usually come with and what degree? ???circle, straight, ski????
    Thanks man he has been watching me build my 68 hondo and he's getting the bug. daddy b

vdrive502
    Mine is a heavy layup it is made for mainly for going straight because of the runners. It has adjustable plates and a 10 degree casale gear box. A circle boat will run off the balancer most of the time because of the torque of the engine,so it can turn left eaiser mine will turn right easier then left because mine is running off the end of the crank. Jim Wilkes can give more info about them if you need some mine is a 1974 vintage.

daddy b
    Thanks we are going to go check it out together, some guy inherited it when his father passed, it's sitting outside after being garaged its hole life. Looks nice......daddy b

vdrive502
    send some pics and maybe some on the board will know about it.

ou might be interested in this rare 19' 1972 Emken flatty, It has the adjustable plates, two nice keel fins and a reworked trailer (new paint, new tires with nitrogen, bearings and bearing buddys, LED lights $2,100 invested). It is a great boat with a older hall craft v-drive, fully outfitted less gauges and engine. Comes with engine mounts so just drop in you favorite BBC and some gauges and you are on the water. The hull is in good shape with some dings. Asking $2,950 (Corona, CA}
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1972 Emken.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1972 Emken 2.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	171

were did you get this boat? do you know pat & al?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast