Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Boat for me(Really need the help guys)

Phat_Kat
    Well it looks like I'll be waving bye bye to my boat in the future because of my stupidity. To put it short my pecker got the best of me and no I'm not gonna be a daddy thank god, and no I didn't get some sort of disease. Well I need something to replace my boat and I figure I might as well see whats out their that'll interest me. I don't intend to buy till next summer or a little before so don't throw a ton of sales pitches at me. Right now I'm looking at a few boats that really catch my eye. Some I have knowledge of and some I don't so I figure it's best to poll the general public. If I get a little grumpy sorry but I just lost my baby. The boats I want info on are
    21 liberator
    20.8 MODVP Lavey Craft
    21 daytona
    22 daytona
    22 DCB
    20 Baker/Stoker
    22 Stoker
    21 Cougar Tunnel
    22 Cougar Tunnel
    The info I want on these boats are:
    Speed #'s with outboards only (Please include HP)
    Issues such as blow overs
    Build issues(i.e.:cheap material usage)
    Handling
    What Prices I could pick these up for used
    I only want #'s and info for outboards on these boats.
    Thanks
    PK
    [ August 18, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

Reaper1
    Hey R. Kelly, all of these look like good selctions but you might try the Outboard section for some real numbers.

Phat_Kat
    Reaper1:
    Hey R. Kelly, all of these look like good selctions but you might try the Outboard section for some real numbers. well they're all tunnels but I'll toss it in there anyway.

Reaper1
    Just messin with ya bud. You said Outboard only so I figured the whacka heads could help with the speed numbers. Plus I'm trying to become the local Cats and Tunnels post ***** before I actually have to do some work at my job.
    Holla wink

hboldno7
    What Happend to your Boat Phat Kat ??

Phat_Kat
    hboldno7:
    What Happend to your Boat Phat Kat ?? it's a very long long story. I'm also banned from my parents house at the river after this summer so I'll have to go down with my cousin from now on.

mbrown2
    Most of the boats have been tested in Hot Boat or Powerboat so the numbers are around...if you like to turn fast go with the Mod-VP's, if you want a more aired out feeling go with the Cat's...
    What happended to your boat?....Was it you or your Dad's boat?

hboldno7
    Bummer

Phat_Kat
    mbrown2:
    What happended to your boat?....Was it you or your Dad's boat? There's where the issue goes in. Technically it's mine but legally it's my dads. My Dad was about to sell the boat a while back but his soft spot for the boat got the best of him so he gave it to me. I flipped him $500 just to be fair and we never bothered to deal with the DMV. Well this weekend I pissed him off beyond your wildest dreams and he's gonna give my $500 and flip me the bird. I was worried I'd do something stupid like this so I actually had planned to make the switch for something just like this unfortunatly I was a little late and my dad still claims ownership. I'm not gonna take my dad to court or nothing over it I'm just gonna shut up and find me a new boat. I'm actually very interested in the lavey craft anyway because I don't have to worry about getting swamped anymore. I know you might say that's a different story on havasu or something but that sleekcraft would get swamped just getting thrown in the water.

mbrown2
    Sorry to hear the bad news; hopefully shit will turn out for the better....
    The 22's (Elim &DCB) are going to be pricey unless you can find a good used one....they are also harder to find out there used...
    I personnally like the Elim 21 Daytona....its a slick looking boat, and you can find some bargains out there..
    For the 20-21 size, when comparing price, performance, and workmanship, I would go find a used Stoker 20.8...it has better acceleration numbers than most boats on your list, and it can handle the same water at the 21 Daytona....the 22's (Elim &DCB) might handle a little bigger water but not by much....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast