Thread: Temp

bob briley
    i think it runs too cold? runs on the first mark . how do i get it to run hotter ? it rises to half then drops all the way down

dreamboater
    What O/B are you running? You may be running way too much water pressure. If so raise the motor up.

sxpilot
    I just changed to a new lower and now my engine is only running on the first mark? I do have the thermo stats in place still so in theory it should keep it warm enough?
    What engine we talkin?
    Is McGrath still livin out your way?

bob briley
    220 lazer 1987 efi . no hes not his mom and dad are,he sold his house in canyon lake 5 or 6 years ago he lives in encinitas

bob briley
    does your motor run ok that cold
    not mine it runs fat

sxpilot
    220 lazer 1987 efi . no hes not his mom and dad are,he sold his house in canyon lake 5 or 6 years ago he lives in encinitas
    Cool his dad is as cool as they come..helped us kids out a lot..
    With my older case the water flow wasent as good as this new one, so it ran a little warmer and I didnt have any problems, but now since my new case it has better water flow and runs way cooler, now the bottom is too rich, its stalls out if im not on it. I will have it rejetted soon to correct this..
    I would recommend you get a Temp Gun and get the accurate temps its running at, the last thing you want to do is run it too cold, not sure if a new T-stat would help you out or not?
    Maybe an expert Tech will chime in and shead a little light on the subject, also you might want to ask the other boards the same question...

bob briley
    thanks, tired of working on it.dont know what im going to do.i want a new boat {bigger} so ill see in the winter

ToffenG
    Hi!
    Maybe your poppet is too open. I had to restrict it to get my PM 300 running hotter. You could also restrict the two upper waterinlets to reduce the amout of water into your engine. This together with tighten up your poppet will a) give less water into the engine and b) slow down the waterflow through the engine. Both will rise the temp, but take it easy.
    To cold could coldsize your engine.
    Cheeers, Toffen

bob briley
    cool i will try it thanks