Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great eBay SCAM

Lake Ape
    Found this on eBay.....It's a scam.......Pretty Funny! $5800...
    SCAM (http://cgi.ebay.com/2002-Mastercraft...3808QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem)

IMPATIENT 1
    bancrupt,divorcing, or something like that maybe

core attitude
    That should be close to a 40K rig. :hammer2: I hope someone doesn't fall for it but it would be hard to feel for them if they did.
    Pete

IMPATIENT 1
    Nope, scam. The big tipoff is that you cannot contact him through eBay, because he hijacked somebody's account, but can't access their email. So, he has an alternate email to arrange payment. 1 Day auctions on big ticket items is also a huge red flag. This lets them scam people and hopefully fly under the eBay radar long enough that the auction doesn't get closed. I'm notifying eBay, that auction will be closed today.
    oh, i see see what ya mean.i couldn't bring myself to buy a boat without seat time anyway.that'd be like marrying a chick without the test drivin first! :supp:

76ANTHONY
    wwwwwoooooooowwwwhooooooooooo, got me a new boat,SCAM, doooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :hammer2:

HocusPocus
    Sent an e-mail to him and this is what I got back:
    Dear Sir ,
    First I will like to tell you that I am in United Kingdom and the boat is in eBay's custody in US the boat will be shipped from there on my expence .
    The boat is like new , in perfect condition . I am selling this boat because the shipping to Europe will cost me to much .I have this boat from my father in law .The Buy it now price is $5,800 . I will sell the boat to the first one that makes a 2,900 $ deposit through eBay .
    To be fair with all possible buyers I will sell the boat to the first buyer that will arange the eBay deposit payment . If you are able to make the payment today or tomorrow you will be the next owner of this boat .
    Terms,Conditions Shipping and handling:
    The shipping address must be provided before sending the deposit payment. The boat will be shipped through JC MOTORS or DAS Shipping Company . The boat will only be sent after receiving the deposit payment. I agreed with eBay to send my boat to its warehouse since I am not in US .
    This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay.
    Payment:
    If you will offer the buy it now price I will suport all the shipping from the warehouse to your address .
    For the deposit payment i would like to use eBay as a third party . They will keep your money until you get the boat and will release it to me upon delivery .
    Here are my name and address you need for the payment in case you decide to buy the boat :
    Raymond Wirth
    22 Merton High Street
    London SW19 1DN
    United Kingdom
    The boat is ready for shipment, i just need the payment confirmation from eBay with the transfer's details and the boat will be delivered to your address.
    REFUND-After the boat arrives, you have a 7 days period for inspection. If the boat is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer fees and the boat will be shipped back to the warehouse on my expence. Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this boat from very first moment you'll see it.
    Buy with confidence!
    I will have pay for an insurance to eBay Square Trade as proof my trustworthiness.
    Thanks for the conceded time .
    I am looking forward to your reply.
    Raymond Wirth
    for sure a scam.. but i hope you didn't email him from your main email account...

IMPATIENT 1
    Sent an e-mail to him and this is what I got back:
    Dear Sir ,
    First I will like to tell you that I am in United Kingdom and the boat is in eBay's custody in US the boat will be shipped from there on my expence .
    The boat is like new , in perfect condition . I am selling this boat because the shipping to Europe will cost me to much .I have this boat from my father in law .The Buy it now price is $5,800 . I will sell the boat to the first one that makes a 2,900 $ deposit through eBay .
    To be fair with all possible buyers I will sell the boat to the first buyer that will arange the eBay deposit payment . If you are able to make the payment today or tomorrow you will be the next owner of this boat .
    Terms,Conditions Shipping and handling:
    The shipping address must be provided before sending the deposit payment. The boat will be shipped through JC MOTORS or DAS Shipping Company . The boat will only be sent after receiving the deposit payment. I agreed with eBay to send my boat to its warehouse since I am not in US .
    This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay.
    Payment:
    If you will offer the buy it now price I will suport all the shipping from the warehouse to your address .
    For the deposit payment i would like to use eBay as a third party . They will keep your money until you get the boat and will release it to me upon delivery .
    Here are my name and address you need for the payment in case you decide to buy the boat :
    Raymond Wirth
    22 Merton High Street
    London SW19 1DN
    United Kingdom
    The boat is ready for shipment, i just need the payment confirmation from eBay with the transfer's details and the boat will be delivered to your address.
    REFUND-After the boat arrives, you have a 7 days period for inspection. If the boat is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer fees and the boat will be shipped back to the warehouse on my expence. Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this boat from very first moment you'll see it.
    Buy with confidence!
    I will have pay for an insurance to eBay Square Trade as proof my trustworthiness.
    Thanks for the conceded time .
    I am looking forward to your reply.
    Raymond Wirth
    this guy is slick,is he trying to stick ebay with alittle insurance fraud scam?

HocusPocus
    busted.. looks like ebay caught up with them.
    This listing (7186482696) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
    If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction canceled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs.

welk2party
    auction is closed already...

IMPATIENT 1
    that puts alittle more trust for me into ebay.at least they pay attention or at least listen to customers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast