Thread: Fuel tank pickup

SleekPanther
    Has anyone replaced their fuel tank pickup? I need to replace the tiny little tube Sleek used in my boat, it is about 3/16 ID. I have a 3/8 pipe thread on top of the tank, and need a flexible tube about 15" long to go in there. Anyone have suggestions on where to get such a tube?
    Thanks,
    Paul

RaginRedneck
    your best bet would go to your local boat store. I tried to use a different kind of hose you know the kind you find a Home Deopt and the gas dried it out, and peices broke off into my tank. Don't take any chances with your fuel. Just my .02

Infomaniac
    I generally get a 3/8 pipe to #8 stainless fitting and weld some 1/2 stainless tube to it. Put it to 1/4 inch of the bottom of the tank.

SleekPanther
    The tube needs to be flexable because I don't have straight shot at the opening.
    Paul

Well Done
    Hey SleekPanther....I had pick-up tubes made for my 23' tunnel. Came from RDS Manufacturing in Florida. However, I decided to go ahead and change the complete set of fuel tanks with 3/4" pickups. I still have the 1/2" flexable pickups. They are 17" long but can be trimmed. If you want the Manufacturer's address and phone # just PM me.