Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bravo 1 Drive Shower ?

vette4jja
    I would love to push my drive showers off on you guys but to one boater to another. I got to tell you, Every drive shower cap/hat design on the market today does very little to cool your drive oil. It might help the white chalky build up and they look cool but thats all they do. I spent all summer testing every drive showers I could get my hands on. Every single cap design I tested was on the bottom of the list for perfromance. If you want a drive shower that does something get one of Simrek's showers or better yet one of my drive showers. Please don't buy one of the shower cap/hat designs because they look cool. That new Rex Marine scoop design picks up less water than their other design. I have tested both of them.......Sorry for the spam......
    www.justwickedmarine.com

Jyruiz
    Any chance you can show me a pic of the blue one?

vette4jja
    Pictures never shows how the color really looks. The colors look exactly like all the marine colored trim that's out there (the anodized look). These showers are colored the exact same way. Red, Blue, Teal and Purple or Black to match the drive. Showers come with a satin finish. Polished or color cost a bit more.
    We have made many new design improvement over the other shower designs. The 45deg deflection pick-up ports (picks up more water), the 21 fan spray dump ports (covers more drive surface area), pick-up ports are adjustable and adjustable mounting brackets. With a LIFETIME WARRANTY
    Take a look at our site and see the pictures of this shower at work. It is impressive. Lots of performance data on other designs and our design.
    Thanks
    www.justwickedmarine.com

Jyruiz
    Thanks Vette, I think I am going to go with a black one.

Yeah thanks Vette.
    First...
    Sorry for the spam
    Actually I don't think you are. Just a guess as you posted the same before this and after this. And out of 4 posts 3 of them are spamming your stuff and slamming everyone elses.
    Just Wicked Marine has just designed a drive shower that out performs the Simrek showers
    Then in the next breath you say...
    If you want a drive shower that does something get one of Simrek's showers or better yet one of my drive showers
    The truth is, it appears you've actually copied Simrek's design just changing the pickup enough to try and skirt around their patent on it. Good luck.
    And it stated on your website you have the patent process started. If that were so I'd get "patent pending" on that thing right away so someone doesn't copy you too. Of course if you haven't actually filed I fully understand why it isn't there as that would be breaking the law.
    Then
    Please don't buy one of the shower cap/hat designs because they look cool. That new Rex Marine scoop design picks up less water than their other design. I have tested both of them
    You're a real class act there Vette. The fact is, determined by extensive testing, that our new pickup design picks up more water and at higher trim angles consistantly over the older 45 tube design. In fact we could not trim high enough on any boat we ran it on to run it out of water because it doesn't rely on the water stream below the drive's plate but on the water stream that adhere's to the plates surface. It's actually quite effective. And we didn't just copy Simrek's design and try to change it enough to skirt their patent. Ours is completely different, picks up on a different concept, and looks & works nothing like the traditional tube design pickup most other drive showers use.
    Now having said that, we also offer a lifetime warranty. So I "challenge" you to return both of the Rex showers you've "tested" since you're obviously unhappy with their performance. I will give you full credit as long as you haven't run over them with your truck or something. And that goes for anyone. I know they work so I'm not at all reluctant to give anyone their money back that doesn't like the performance or the way the "It's Cool™" Shower looks. It's a no risk deal. There may be some boat out there they won't work well on but I haven't seen it yet or heard about it.
    And...
    Your website contact info might need a little updating
    Just Wicked Marine
    1620 Keoke Ct
    Satna Rosa, CA 95403
    I've found with my company anyway it lends more credibility to my efforts when I spell the city I'm in correctly. Just a suggestion.

Beer-30
    As far as effectiveness, I will back you up Mr. Rexone. The HAT style that I put on keeps the drive clean. Showers don't keep drives clean because they splash water on them - per se - the chalking is prevented because of reduced temperature. The flim / chalk on the sides of the upper drive are from boiling the water and cooking the minerals onto the paint. Mine has stopped this completely.
    Additionally, I have hung my head over the step and saw the water hitting the sides of the drive. No problem there. Moreover, I jumped into the water immediately after shutting off the boat from a full throttle run from Cottonwood to Katherine's. I put my hand on the sides and it was just above water temp. I let everything settle down and then checked again. It was the same temp. That was all the piece of mind I needed to let me know the shower was working.
    I picked mine because I liked the look of the hat style. I noticed lots of offshore rigs with much nicer drives and engines than mine running the same shower. If it is good enough to make the big-boy's boats happy, I am sure it is good enough for mine.

vette4jja
    Mr. Rexone (Rex Marine), My design is noting like the Simrek design. There are many drive shower manufactures making this type of drive shower and I just happen to be one of them. Like you making the Hat style drive shower as well as many others. Yes, I will concede that your design is by far the coolest looking shower on the market and I really mean that. I merely mentioned Rex MarineÂ’s design because that design was mentioned earlier in the thread. I mentioned SimrekÂ’s design because again it was mentioned earlier in the thread. My comments were posted because test after test have proven that my style of drive shower has out performed the hat style design every time. I really think you should take a look at Just Wicked MarineÂ’s drive shower design and test it against your hat design. Get a boat with a drive temp gauge and see what design provides lower drive oil temperature. I have already done it, so I know. So I challenge you. Test it. IÂ’ll send you one of my showers free. I was going to send you one anyways in hopes that you would sell my showers on your web site. I guess I blew that.
    I was hoping I would get challenged, I never thought it would be Rex Marine. They don’t get much bigger than you. I mentioned in my web site that I called some drive shower manufactures. Rex Marine was one of them that I called. Your tech guys were not very helpful when I asked “what kind of drive oil temperature drop I could expect with your showers”. I called you guys twice and asked the same question twice. Not one hat style shower manufacture I called could answer that question or would answer that question. Come on, tell these guys truthfully. What kind of drive oil temperature drop could one expect with your “It’s Cool” shower? Truthfully
    Thanks for catching that typo
    www.justwickedmarine.com

Mr. Rexone (Rex Marine), My design is noting like the Simrek design. There are many drive shower manufactures making this type of drive shower and I just happen to be one of them. Like you making the Hat style drive shower as well as many others. Yes, I will concede that your design is by far the coolest looking shower on the market and I really mean that. I merely mentioned Rex MarineÂ’s design because that design was mentioned earlier in the thread. I mentioned SimrekÂ’s design because again it was mentioned earlier in the thread. My comments were mentioned because test after test have proven that my style of drive shower has out performed the hat style design every time. I really think you should take a look at Just Wicked MarineÂ’s drive shower design and test it against your hat design. Get a boat with a drive temp gauge and see what design provides lower drive oil temperature. I have already done it, so I know. So I challenge you. Test it. IÂ’ll send you one of my showers free. I was going to send you one anyways in hopes that you would sell my showers on your web site. I guess I blew that.
    I was hoping I would get challenged, I never thought it would be Rex Marine. They don’t get much bigger than you. I mentioned in my web site that I called some drive shower manufactures. Rex Marine was one of them that I called. Your tech guys were not very helpful when I asked “what kind of drive oil temperature drop I could expect with your showers”. I called you guys twice and asked the same question twice. Not one hat style shower manufacture I called could answer that question or would answer that question. Come on, tell these guys truthfully. What kind of drive oil temperature drop could one expect with your “It’s Cool” shower? Truthfully
    Thanks for catching that typo
    www.justwickedmarine.com
    Vette,
    In spite of the fact you chosen to ignore several of my comments regarding your forum ettiquite as it relates to spamming and slamming, I will address your questions regarding temperature.
    We know and it's well documented in prior tests that our older plate type 45º tube pickup shower reduces drive temperature between 30º to 40ºF depending on numerous variables including ambient and water temperatures. A drive oil temperature range of between 180º to 190º is a regular and normal result using this type of shower. This is recorded in several magazine tests many years ago.
    We also know that the above mentioned shower with the 45º tube pickup can have water supply problems in certain conditions, mainly boats with higher x-dimensions at high trim angles. It's not a universal problem that occurs on every boat in this category but it did / does exist on certain boats.
    We also know that any plate dump or tube dump design loses a good portion of the water flow from the splash factor away from the drive surface.
    Given those things we "do know" above, common sense tells us that if we use a more efficient pickup design (which we have developed in the It's Cool™ Shower) and incorporate the water outlet bar under a shroud that channels all the water around the top cap and down the sides of the drive, that would be a big improvement from the older shower design. So given that we had a 30º to 40º reduction with the old more inefficient shower we know the cooling is substantially increased from that level with this design because the pickup is much more efficient and the water routing around the drive is much improved.
    I have not tested the temp yet but I can tell you after long hard passes with the "It's Cool™" Shower you can lay your hand on the drive. Not for extended periods but you can definately lay your hand on it a few seconds without extensive discomfort. I believe human tolerance for heat is in the range of 140ºF. This informal test tells me we are on the right track. While the oil inside is likely higher temp than the drive externally the difference will not be that great and we already know this shower is more efficient than the old style shower, which is documented in tests in the 180º oil temp range.
    But we get back to the same old question that's been debated for a decade or more. That is how much reduction below the 180º to 190º range provides much further benefit and at what point does oil actually get too cool (in cruise mode) to provide proper lubrication. These questions have been debated in a number of circles and I know of no definitive answer to date. My feeling is though that anything under 160º to 170º on oil temp in the drive provides no additional benefit or longevity. I also feel in most applications the "It's Cool™" single pickup design is already in that range without question. For severe applications, we have a dual pickup version on the drawing board which will likely go into production soon. This one, just doing the math will definately be in that range even with big power and lots of wide open throttle running. And I'd have no problem accepting your challenge in an apple to apple dual pickup test scenario. I already know the temps will be similar and my guess is ours under the shroud will have the edge. That's just a hunch though.
    So considering all that, anyone considering a drive shower has to ask themselves a couple questions. One, how cool is enough for my boat considering the way I run it? And two, what level of attractiveness do I desire or demand on the back of my drive? This is a personal decision every boater has to answer for him or her self.
    Frankly I think most the tubular showers are not that attractive (just my opinion) and I'm not picking on your design in particular Vette. I prefer the look of the smooth cap that also allows you to step on if you so desire and not tear the hell out of your feet. We toiled for quite some time finding a design and method that was acceptable to not use any external bolts and still get the job done. I'm sure it will be copied soon (in fact I'm aware of efforts by competitors in that regard already) but that's just the way most in the marine parts biz operate. Much easier to copy than think of anything new or really different. Most tweek or reshape it a little and call themselves inventors. Some just flat out copy stuff and still call themselves inventors.
    And one point I disagree with you on is your similarity to the Simrek design. Looking at the pics of both they appear very similar cosmetically and I'm sure are close in functionality as well. Is the tube shape a little different. Yes it is. But there's no new concept going on there. But hey sometimes people just have to agree to disagree and let it be.
    Hope I adequately answered your questions.

Jyruiz
    Rexone,
    how long before the dual pickup model is available for sale?

phebus
    And, Rexone, will the pick-up mount in the same hole as the Simrek one did on the cavitation plate? I like the looks and the step feature of your top cap design, but already have a hole in the cav. plate.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast