Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basset or Rewarder?

Wicked1
    I need to buy a new set of headers which would you recommend?

Hotcrusader76
    I believe they are almost the same. Go for a set that are in stock and pricing is great!
    Answer? Mike @ Rex Marine. Call them up, they can get you either set I believe.
    ~Ty

Eric455
    rewarder!!! they last alote longer. bassets are good althought tend to screw up alote faster and they are the same price if not cheaper for the rewarders.
    eric

76biesmeyer
    I have three sets of bassetts And they have been great!I would call paul bassett at 714.630.7999 or 800.345.5824 he will set you up.If you have any problems he will take care of it also.

nelsonf
    I say Bassett I have 3 buddies all have rewarders one set is not straight and the Chrome is bubbling and peeling the other 2 are just peeling away rewarder says they will fix it but they have to foot all the shipping charges and such not that big of deal but a pain in the ass. The headers that are not straight it is very obvious one header point up and out while on is straight.

superdave013
    Eric455:
    rewarder!!! they last alote longer. bassets are good althought tend to screw up alote faster
    eric What makes you say that?

Eric455
    cuz i had bassetts and arewarders in the past. the rewarder didnt rust or peal as much. maybe just experience that all of us had. thats all plus have you guy seen how thin bassetts are and how thick rewarders are? you see a big difference
    eric

superdave013
    Well the wall thickness is the same on the 2 sets I have.
    I just had to ask as the Rewarder zommies I had I didn't like the flanges. They were not flat. I took them back to Jim and he fixed them right in front of me. He used a hand grinder. Now that made them alot flatter. lol I didn't get to bent as who cares if zommies leak a little.
    You might want to give Bassets another shot. Mine are from 83 and still ok.
    I did have a set of old twisties though. They got so old that one of the collectors fell off! They were really old dogs though. I'm sure Jim's will do the same thing in time also.
    My take on it is they are pretty much the same so go with what evers closer and cheeper.

schiada96
    Plus rewarder has a hot looking daughter!!

superdave013
    schiada96:
    Plus rewarder has a hot looking daughter!! Yeah, well Paul Basset's brother Ward's kinda cute and I hear he's real slow on a downhill bike too. lol
    Oh I'm gonna catch some shit for that one! argue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast