Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's all Bush's fault huh?

H2OT TIMES
    ...need to read it thru to the end..........probably won't find it in the NY Times!
    THEY DANCED WITH WHO BRUNG THEM
    http://boortz.com/nuze/200509/09192005.html#attitude
    During the past week I read story after story about how so many of New Orleans'
    middle and upper income residents were able to flee the city as Katrina
    approached, but the poor were left to fend for themselves. The difference here
    wasn't money. The difference here was attitude. It was the self-sufficient vs.
    the dependent. The evil rich and middle-income residents fled New Orleans
    because they are used to accepting the responsibility for their own welfare and
    safety. The poor stayed behind because they're mired in the sludge of
    generation after generation of dependency on government. The accomplished
    class knows that they bear the responsibility for meeting their own needs and
    providing for their safety. The poor by-and-large bear no such responsibility.
    To them, it's the government's job. Instead of taking responsibility for their
    own safety --- they just sat there, waiting for government to come and save
    them. The achievement-oriented residents of New Orleans were spared the
    horrors of the violence and filth that followed the flooding because they kept
    doing what they had been doing all along -- accepting responsibility. The poor
    were subjected to the violence and filth because they also kept doing what they
    had been doing all along -- depending on government.
    Hurricane Katrina illustrated the truth behind the contention that poverty is a
    behavioral disorder.
    JUST THE SAME ... IT'S ALL BUSH'S FAULT
    Now here's something you probably didn't know about Louisiana and Hurricane
    Katrina.
    At the very time Katrina was bearing down on New Orleans, there were
    several top-level officials in the very department of Louisiana government that
    prepares for emergencies such as Katrina sitting around and waiting for their
    trial. Trial, you say? Trial for what? Let's try corruption and throw in a
    bit of fraud.
    It seems that these Louisiana officials either misspent or misplaced or .
    worse ... about 60 million federal taxpayer bucks. Here are some details ...
    In March of this year -- that's about five months before Katrina -- FEMA was
    asking for the return of $30.4 million that the federal government had sent to
    Louisiana for emergency planning and preparedness. Most of this money was
    sent to some state office called the Louisiana Office of Homeland Security and
    Emergency Preparedness. Wait .. it gets worse. According to the Los Angeles
    Times, much of that money was sent to Louisiana under some federal program
    called the Click here: Hazard Mitigation Grant program. That is a program that is, in part, supposed to help states improve flood control facilities. Flood? Did
    someone say flood?
    Hazard mitigation would have been a great idea in New Orleans, don't you think?
    Especially that "improve flood control facilities" part, but nobody seems to
    know where the money went! OK ... let's follow the trail of $15.4 million
    dollars that was spent by the Louisiana Office of Homeland Security and
    Emergency Preparedness. The $15.4 million was part of a $40.5 million grant of
    your money that was sent to Louisiana for the Hazard Mitigation Program. You
    know ... flood control and all that. Oops! Hold on a second here. My bad.
    It seems we can't follow that $15.4 million.. You see, the Louisiana officials
    say that they awarded that money to subcontractors for 19 major hazard
    mitigation programs, but they just can't seem to find any receipts to account
    of 97% of the funds. Ninety-seven percent of $15.4 million, my friends. No
    receipts. That's $14.94 million .. gone, and nobody can trace it.
    Do any of you think that something good might have been done with some of this
    money? Lives saved? Flooding prevented? If you're thinking that, remember
    ... we're talking Hurricane Katrina here, and we all know that every bad thing
    that happened in Hurricane Katrina was ---
    All together now ---- Bush's Fault!
    Perhaps if these Louisiana officials ever actually go to trial now they will be
    able to use the "Blame Bush" defense.
    AND THAT'S NOT ALL .....
    Let's see ... what else have we learned in the past week about the response to
    Katrina.
    Doctors from across the United States poured into Louisiana to offer their
    services in shelters and hospitals treating Katrina's victims. They could do
    nothing. They just sat. You see, they weren't licensed to practice medicine in
    Louisiana. It took the amazing Governor of Louisiana, Kathleen Blanco, five
    days to sign a waiver to allow these doctors to practice medicine in Louisiana.
    Five days, while people were suffering and dying. Don't blame Blanco, though.
    It was clearly... Bush's fault.
    New Orleans' Mayor Ray Nagin
    On the Saturday before the hurricane New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin received a call from Amtrak. There was a passenger train sitting in the New Orleans station
    with 900 empty seats. Did the Mayor want to put some evacuees in those seats?
    No thanks. The train left nearly empty. You cannot blame Mayor Nagin for this
    decision, that clearly would be racist. It just has to be... Bush's fault.
    In 1997 (See " Story")
    By Rita Beamish
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    The U.S. Congress appropriated $500,000 of your money -- not federal
    money, taxpayer's money -- to the State of Louisiana. The money was set aside
    to create a "comprehensive analysis and plan of all evacuation alternatives for
    New Orleans." Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the big deal here, isn't
    it? New Orleans didn't get evacuated, right? Well, for two years nothing
    happened. Then the Congress demanded of Louisiana a plan for evacuation in the
    event of a category 3 story, a levee break, a flood or some other natural
    disaster. The $500,000 of your money got to Louisiana .. but then what? It
    was spent by the Greater New Orleans Expressway Commission, not on an
    evacuation plan, but things that needed to be done to the Lake Pontchartrain
    causeway over the next fifteen years or so. What does the incredible Louisiana
    Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness have to say about the
    funds and the causeway study? The spokesman says that they can't find any
    information. Actually, we shouldn't be holding the Louisiana emergency
    preparedness folks or the state responsible for this ...
    not when we all know, it was... Bush's fault.
    Speaking of flood control. You did know, didn't you, that in 1996 the U.S. Army
    Corps of Engineers was going to raise and strengthen the very levees that failed
    in New Orleans. They were going to, but they didn't. And why not? Because of a
    lawsuit, that's why. The plaintiff in the lawsuit didn't want the work done
    until extensive and expensive environmental impact statements were prepared by
    the Corps of Engineers and approved by the EPA. And who filed that lawsuit?
    Why .. it was the Sierra Club. The very same Sierra Club, by the way, that
    listened with rapt attention in San Francisco on September 9th while Al Gore
    told them that the leaders of this country ought to be held accountable for the
    flooding in New Orleans. Now, some of us might be so twisted as to think that
    the very Sierra Club that was so enthralled by Gore's rantings should bear some
    of the blame here .. but that's only because we just don't realize that it was
    all...Bush's fault. Oh .. and by the way. Why haven't we heard more about this
    Sierra Club lawsuit in the mainstream media? Remember the template.
    Mayor Ray Nagin is inviting residents of some areas of New Orleans to come back
    to their homes and businesses and begin the cleanup process. There's another
    possible hurricane bearing down on the Florida Keys --- a tropical storm that
    could become a hurricane and could head toward New Orleans. Now it's possible
    that if over 100,000 residents return to New Orleans and are further victimized
    by another hurricane and another flood .. will it be Mayor Ray Nagin's fault?
    Of course not, you idiot! It will be George Bush's fault! Haven't you been paying attention?

Schiada76
    My toilet got plugged up this morning. DAMN THAT GW!

Steve 1
    Now I am hearing that the floodwalls would have held if they were BUILT to specification but this is N.O and Graft with the inspectors is the rule of the day and the contractors slipped away! Blame the President!

hbpdub
    The system is broke! Where's the accountability?? Man oh man it's amazing how much fu**ing bullshit goes on. It's time for the people to stand up and start asking questions, and stop this nonsense.

1978 Rogers
    The system is broke! Where's the accountability?? Man oh man it's amazing how much fu**ing bullshit goes on. It's time for the people to stand up and start asking questions, and stop this nonsense.
    But they brought it on to them selves. What do you think would happen if the Feds started bying watchdogs on the states like that. Every Lib would be screaming that there rights are being taken away. Why even live in a place that has hurricanes year after year. People up here keep building homes down in the river flood planes. They flood every year and FEMA bails them out. Enough is enough for these people. DUMMYs

HighRoller
    I'm not completely without empathy for mankind, but watching those people in N.O. was pathetic. Most of them were middle aged and able bodied citizens. They should have been out helping their fellow citizens. Instead they sat on their asses with their hands out like they've been doing all their lives.
    And instead of actually THANKING those who came and wiped their asses, they had the gall to bitch that he help wasn't good enough, didn't arrive fast enough etc...The worst part is that most of the people who received taxpayer funded assistance (FEMA etc) have never paid a dime of taxes in their lives, and may have even RECEIVED money from the government. That's right, we pay them to exist and then pay to bail them out because they don't have the means to buy a bus ticket when a hurricane's coming. Can somebody tell me what's the point of working these days when I can get it for free? :jawdrop:

1978 Rogers
    A good point my wife had to point out to me, and thank you honey. Is where do the poor people go? How do they get there if they don't have ther own cars, Grey Hound? She had a good point.
    I feel this falls on the Mayor and govenor to know what the statusque of your constituents are. :coffeycup

mickeyfinn
    This may seem a bit insensitive but lets get real. The hurricane didn't sneak up over night and come into town. They knew about it for a week ahead of time. Even if you are poor and able bodied you can still WALK!!!! Most of those people were within a 5 mile walk to an area that was not flooded. (most were much closer). Face it, most of these people were the slime that collects at the bottom. They exist on taxmoney and taking advantage of whoever they can. I do believe the mayor should have done more to get them out, but chances are they wouldn't have left even if given the opportunity. The ones I felt sorry for were the elderly who were not able to get out.

hbpdub
    But they brought it on to them selves. What do you think would happen if the Feds started bying watchdogs on the states like that. Every Lib would be screaming that there rights are being taken away. Why even live in a place that has hurricanes year after year. People up here keep building homes down in the river flood planes. They flood every year and FEMA bails them out. Enough is enough for these people. DUMMYs
    Very good point.

Forkin' Crazy
    I'm not completely without empathy for mankind, but watching those people in N.O. was pathetic. Most of them were middle aged and able bodied citizens. They should have been out helping their fellow citizens. Instead they sat on their asses with their hands out like they've been doing all their lives.
    And instead of actually THANKING those who came and wiped their asses, they had the gall to bitch that he help wasn't good enough, didn't arrive fast enough etc...The worst part is that most of the people who received taxpayer funded assistance (FEMA etc) have never paid a dime of taxes in their lives, and may have even RECEIVED money from the government. That's right, we pay them to exist and then pay to bail them out because they don't have the means to buy a bus ticket when a hurricane's coming. Can somebody tell me what's the point of working these days when I can get it for free? :jawdrop:
    Welcome to the Democrat's welfare system, where not one vote goes unbought!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast