Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parker 300.....Team 'Plan B'

A BIG congrats to Ben and his crew for winning the Parker 300.
    Thought you might like this picture of Tom Davis winning the first Parker enduro in 1963 in his Patterson. There were 9 Rayson's in that race including one entered by Rudy Ramos.......hmm....wonder if that was your boat Ben?
    Great job of putting the 'muscle' back in the winners circle. Been a very long time since an inboard has won that race.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t/tomdavis.jpg
    current King of Parker.....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ug14050012.jpg

Towndrunk
    I was there but had to leave early. What boat was he in? Was it the K17 or the red 17?

GofastRacer
    Congrats Ben great job, boat looks great too!..

STV_Keith
    I was there but had to leave early. What boat was he in? Was it the K17 or the red 17?
    Ben was in the GN305 boat pictured. Kevin from R&R was looking for you too...never did find you.

Towndrunk
    Ben was in the GN305 boat pictured. Kevin from R&R was looking for you too...never did find you.
    I looked for Kevin too. I had a prop for him to work but didn't see him. I was around Ron Hill for awhile and then sat up in the shade by the bar. Didn't see him or Anna.

MikeF
    What was the winning time?! Want to figure out the pace for next year!

SK48
    Had breakfast with some of the officials this morning, and when they
    took the overall time, less three ten minute pit stops, and the red flag
    time, the average was a little over 60 M.P.H. You have to haul ass to
    average that for 240 miles.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    the average was a little over 60 M.P.H. You have to haul ass to average that for 240 miles.
    Ben,
    Congratulations for talking Lukens and Grich into driving the piano boat! They must have been haulin ass for you to run the 2nd leg and still win! J/K

MAXIMUS
    [QUOTE=old rigger]A BIG congrats to Ben and his crew for winning the Parker 300.
    Thought you might like this picture of Tom Davis winning the first Parker enduro in 1963 in his Patterson. There were 9 Rayson's in that race including one entered by Rudy Ramos.......hmm....wonder if that was your boat Ben?
    Great job of putting the 'muscle' back in the winners circle. Been a very long time since an inboard has won that race.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t/tomdavis.jpg
    current King of Parker.....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ug14050012.jpg[/QUOTE
    Rich I wish you were there! It was a great time had by all! Next year will be even better!!!! To all those that participated & stepped up to bring back one of the greatest pieces of boat racing history, you are all my hero's & all deserve the utmost respect! This race is tough on equipment, drivers & crew members! The attrition rate was taking its toll on everybody including us! We broke down in the 9th lap at the north end of the course. We had a plugged fuel filter on my auxilary fuel system. Our neighbors 4 houses up from Phils place jumped in their boat & towed Grich all the way back to the ramp. We fixed the problem & were able to get back into the race. I drove the 2nd stretch & apperantly put the boat into 2nd overall with 2 laps behind Larry's K-17. Phil was up next & managed (do to extreme wind conditions) make up the 2 laps & then added 2 more for the win! The boat ran like a true champion & my Crew managed to turn out 11 min pit stops with fuel, driver change, equipment inspection etc...
    I never in my wildest dreams ever expected anything more than a hopeful completion of the race... Grich after all these years is still a champion boat driver & it showed on saturday! Phil is the "king" of river racing on the strip & took us to victory! It was an honor to be apart of their team! Again thank you to everybody who made this event happen!
    Team Plan "B" the Kings of Parker! :devil:

You Te
    Whats this shit, the circus has come to town?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast