Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jet versus V....sorry guys

JETBOATODD
    I was wondering if I could get some good honest (as little biased as possible) oppinions as to what the whole v-drive verses jet drive debate is all about.
    I currently own a 1980 Rogers custom jet boat and am very seriously thinking of buying my buddies '74 Sanger Hydro (pickle fork not shovel nose, inboard steering). This would be my first v-drive.
    What I know so far: the Rogers is more of an all around cruiser with more room and rough water friendly / the Sanger is more of a short fast blasts smooth water thrill.....which seem to me to be more about the hull than the drive..........right?????
    What I don't know: what's up with the love one hate the other dispute
    ........what am I missing?????

steelcomp
    You have thirty seconds to delete this thread :hammerhea :2purples:

I can only speak for myself when I say............I don't hate v-drives. Someday I'd like to have one of each (jet and v-drive). Right now my jet is far more practical since I need 5 seats with my family.
    Some of my bestest buddies are v-drivers.

dmontzsta
    :idea:
    The main question is...
    What kind of boating do you do?

bakerjet
    i can dig a v drive but got into jets and thats where i stayed.

H2OT TIMES
    Tell ya what..........Boats , Cars, it's the same story. My wife once heard me tell someone "I'm a Chevy guy" to which she promptly replied, who the hell are you trying to kid....You want every damned car you see! Know what?
    She is right. Well same thing with boats. Jet guys give v-drive guys sh*t and vice versa just for the sake of giving each other sh*t. Truth be known the vast vast majority of us like a good lookin, good runnin boat no matter what it is.
    Kind of like the Sailors VS Marines thing. It's tradition.
    After all everybody knows Jar Heads are Naval Ground Forces.

olbiezer
    i had a jet and now have a v drive circle boat.......its just a mater of what u like.......sure had more room to move around in the jet.......but do love the idear of a prop over a jet drive ( more effecent most of the time) but hey.....jets can go in shallow water and so forth so like someone has all ready said it 6 of one and half dozen of an another.......some jets are faster and some v drives are faster......i never thought id ever have the fastest boat on the lake but i can say this.....99.9 percent of the bass boats dont pass me now like they did when i drove my 70 mph jet........

the Rogers is more of an all around cruiser with more room and rough water friendly the Sanger is more of a short fast blasts smooth water thrill.....which seem to me to be more about the hull than the drive..........right?????
    im gonna have to say that i am very stokked with the way my rogers accelerates/MPH, it could use a better ride (like a tunnel) but if you are looking for a more performance hull, in a jet boat, you have it!
    if you are looking for more of a ride,...you wont find it in a hydro!
    one is softball the other is baseball,...i think you need to be as honest with yourself as you can poss. be!
    what kind of boater do you want to be?
    sorry for the blabber, got some good pain med's!
    Todd

DeputyDawg
    You got a Vicodin buzz going Todd??

i have ni idear what my wifey has been feeding me today,...but all i know is now working! :eat: (and my pills are yellow!)
    Todd

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast