Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broadminded...

Riverkid
    That sure looked like your Schiada out at Parker this weekend... How did you guys do?

BROADMINDED
    hey kid. we were doing good. about 10 laps into the race we broke the drivers seat mount. so we switched that out with the observers seat. we were in the pits for a total of 30 min. but once we got going again we were making up alot of time. then at about 10 laps left in the race we brought it in for fuel and we noticed something was wrong with the motor, so that was the end of our day. i dont know if you have seen our boat before but we have injecters on our motor. well sometime during the race we lost one of the velocity stacks and the k&n filter that was on top. so what we think happened was that, that one cylinder got hot and we might of burnt a valve. so hopefully nothing major. but when we broke we were 14 overall and 3rd in out class. we ended up 16 overall and 5 th in class when the race was over.

Riverkid
    Nice work! Hopefully the motor isn't hurt too bad ($$$). Did you get to drive? That water sure looked like it was made for a Schiada! Looks good in the pics on the various threads. Congrats on getting out there and just doing it.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...16IMG_0066.JPG

BROADMINDED
    no my dad and myself were not able to drive in the race. we put in a slider so we can move the seat back for me and my dad. but when we broke the seat mount we were not able to use it any more. so when we put the other seat back in we were just to close to the wheel. but i still had alot of fun. have you seen any other pictures of the boat running? the pic you posted is the only one that i saw.

dimarcobros
    Maybe you should sell that boat and get a 21 Hallet Twin Turbo Vector. :wink: I might know of one for sale.
    DMB

MAXIMUS
    Every time that boat blew passed me I thought... holy shiat! I really enjoyed watching both the shiada's running in that chop! Those boats are friggen relentless! Congrats on a good job!

BROADMINDED
    thanks maximus. even though i was not able to drive, i still had alot of fun. we had alot of people come up to us and give us compliments just like yours. thanks.

Riverkid
    There's a couple far away shots floating around. I'll check around and see who may have some pics...
    Oh, and I have some video of your boat running at the Parker ski races too...
    Another...
    http://www.fototime.com/{A2D15C7A-BDA1-4FE3-9CEB-A6D61132AFA9}/picture.JPG

BROADMINDED
    thanks kid. have you heard anything on how the ski race's went last weekend in san diego?

Riverkid
    No... I haven't talked to Jeff or anyone that went down and ran. Landed a new contract and it's been balls to the wall @ work trying to get this thing rolling hard. I think I'm going to be a flake for at least the next six months...
    What about the Polar Bear? If you don't want to run it, let's go watch it off my buddy's 63'... Cocktail cruiser fo' sho'.
    Hey, that's my helmet and Lifeline on the 22 boat driver! Lucky gear. They won their Div and were 4th overall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast