Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Still think phone tapping is OK?

progplb
    If they want to listen to me go ahead... My conversations usually cover the 4 B's Beer, Bar-B_Que, Boats and Boobs... Man if I ever find a dock bar/stripper club that serves bar-b-que I'm in heaven. What I am trying to say is I have nothing to hide... Now what are you hiding in your criptic conversations to the middle east?

Seadog
    If they want to keep a copy of who I call, fine. I never can keep track of it. As far as Quest being all self righteous and denying them access, their lawyers said that's fine with them, but they wanted some more paperwork. It could be something simple like making sure they were not violating a clause in their customer contracts.
    The people that do the most griping are small pebbles in a huge pit. They have no meaning in the scheme of life and resent being reminded that they do not have control of their world. They usually advocate tyranny or anarchy, which is just another form of tyranny.

SmokinLowriderSS
    "The National Security Agency has been secretly collecting the phone call records of tens of millions of Americans, using data provided by AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth, people with direct knowledge of the arrangement told USA TODAY.
    "The phone companies were NOT required to turn over our records - Qwest refused - but AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth gave the Mein Kampf salute. Pigs." John Aravosis
    The NSA program reaches into homes and businesses across the nation by amassing information about the calls of ordinary Americans — most of whom aren't suspected of any crime. This program does not involve the NSA listening to or recording conversations. But the spy agency is using the data to analyze calling patterns in an effort to detect terrorist activity, sources said in separate interviews.
    "It's the largest database ever assembled in the world," said one person, who, like the others who agreed to talk about the NSA's activities, declined to be identified by name or affiliation. The agency's goal is "to create a database of every call ever made" within the nation's borders, this person added.
    For the customers of these companies, it means that the government has detailed records of calls they made — across town or across the country — to family members, co-workers, business contacts and others."
    Bush lied to us about the program. It's far worse than he promised. Remember that it was about making sure a terrorist was on one end of the line, and making sure it was an international call?
    The government's goal is to get every phone record in the country - we're talking a record of every phone call you ever make or receive. If you don't have a problem with it you need to wake up. If you think they will not keep invading your privacy your nutz.
    "The NSA's domestic program, as described by sources, is far more expansive than what the White House has acknowledged. Last year, Bush said he had authorized the NSA to eavesdrop — without warrants — on international calls and international e-mails of people suspected of having links to terrorists when one party to the communication is in the USA. Warrants have also not been used in the NSA's efforts to create a national call database.
    In defending the previously disclosed program, Bush insisted that the NSA was focused exclusively on international calls. "In other words," Bush explained, "one end of the communication must be outside the United States."
    As a result, domestic call records — those of calls that originate and terminate within U.S. borders — were believed to be private.
    Sources, however, say that is not the case. With access to records of billions of domestic calls, the NSA has gained a secret window into the communications habits of millions of Americans."
    Yes, I am jusdt fine with it.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Oh ok sorry what would you like to call it?
    Reccordkeeping.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Your own source says it's not phone tapping.....dumbass.
    Exactly.
    I am noting Freak the absence of your outrage of the previous administration actually LISTENING to DOMESTIC PHONE CALLS, made from one household to another WITHIN THE US on a "random" basis. I don't recall the name of this particular 8 year operation, but it went on.

SmokinLowriderSS
    [QUOTE=Freak
    So...Do you really trust this administration to spy on you "the right way"?
    Meaning the issue is competence. Do you really trust this or any administration to ensure that somehow you don't get screwed in all of this?
    If they see a suspicious pattern, or a customer named John Kerry or Hillary Clinton, then they will want to listen.
    Will they get warrants?
    Will they be concerned with privacy?[/QUOTE]
    Yes.
    If they see a suspicious pattern, they BETTER want to listen in.
    If they have probable cause, and feel a time pressure, they do not need a warrant. Besides, a warrant isd not needed to listen to most phone calls in this country. Most phone calls in the US, at some time, broadcast between miocrowave towers, which makes them free-air, and free to listen to. Still illegal to RECCORD, but legal to intercept and listen to, warrant-free.
    If I am on the phone, I had better be concerned with privacy, not the people who MAY EASILY be listening, like your neighbors. You don't have any cordless phones do ya????

SmokinLowriderSS
    I don't know you gotta give it up to the French people lately. They threw one hell of a riot.
    The french people have not been rioting, Muslims who want to run the french country have been rioting Freak.

SmokinLowriderSS
    It is a blanket search by any other name, and that is patently illegal.
    Just how?

Old Texan
    Phone records are public records. Nothing illegal. Amazing how the media throws out a shitstory and people go berserk. The review of public phone records didn't start with this administration either.
    Long way off from wiretapping.

Red Horse
    Chill out people. All it is a list of number ONLY. No names, no Socials, no convo recordings, just numbers. The same numbers you eventually shred or throw away. All they (the GOV) is trying to do is establish a program to track calls based on numbers and the frequnecy of these numbers. And when they suspect something, then they investigate. I also think something in the Patiot act bill says something about you have to be a terroist, supporting a terroist etc. to be prosecuted with this information. So you guys that are worried the GOV is gonna find out you are bangin your sister and her dog are safe.
    Hey guys, lets all go make a mountain out of a mole hill!!
    Turn off the news every once in a while and put in a DVD. :220v:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123