Thread: 16' Tahiti\Schuster

pitbull
    Hi I'm a new member looking for info on a boat I have recently aquired. On the registration it says 1970 16' Schuster and it has a Mercury 1350 OB but I have also been advised it could be a Tahiti.
    I am quite perplexed as I can't find any info on this boat.
    I am looking for any input about it that can be offered I would also like to find the gunnel decal for the boat to replace it.
    Thanks for any help you may have,

bilgewiper
    Hi Pitbull, welcome to the boards. One of our most respected members "Old Rigger" has alot of info about your boat and most of the "splashes" of the day. Do a search of Tahiti or Schuster and you will come up with info. I did a quick one and came up with http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...chuster+tahiti unfortantly since it is a very old thread most of the pictures in the thread gone missing because "Hot boat" picture board crashed or got overloaded a while back and lost most of everyones pictures.

pitbull
    Thanks for the info. I will continue to search the treads for info on this boat. If anyone knows where I might get any additional info about a decal or just history I would appreciate it.
    Also anyone know why I can not post a picture here the one I am trying to post is a 356KB jpg file and I get an error saying it is not a valid image. When I try to contact someone here I get an error getting to this contact page?

For decals, try PM'ing "Roostwear" on this board.
    Dick Schuster was the man behind "Tahiti" boats. Even though my boat was a Tahiti, the Coast Gaurd plate showed the manufacturer to be "Schuster Boats".
    That little 16' was available as a jet, I/O and outboard. It was also copied by a number of other manufacturers. As recently as the late 90's there was someone here in California producing 4cyl I/O version and calling it a "Sweet 16".
    That pic is too big to include as an "attachment". Try uploading it somewhere on the net and then including it as a pic using the "image" function. Or you can e-mail me the pic and I'll put it up for you.