Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snaped the Shaft on my V8

sxpilot
    Well my lower unit prop shaft snaped clean off, took my Brand New SRX 26p with it..
    Anyone know where to get a good shaft? or better yet can anyone help me change out the shaft, perferabley In Havasu but I will drive to cali if need be...
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ustedshaft.jpg

sxpilot
    Guess im on my own on this one...
    Anybody broke a shaft before, is it a comon this to happen, or am I being to hard on it?

Kim Hanson
    Guess im on my own on this one...
    Anybody broke a shaft before, is it a comon this to happen, or am I being to hard on it?
    There has to be a place in Havasu that will fix it and I have a V8 also and I have never broke a shaft, took out a gear case though. Prop area on mine.......( . )( . )...............
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...usinessend.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...1089845913.jpg

sxpilot
    Well good news I located a After market "Second Effort" Lower case that will be rebuilt by the man with all new parts...not cheap but should handle the abuse...
    I have never heard of a second effort gear case but aparently it has the nose cone molded into it?
    Can anyone comment on this case?
    Thanks Kim...

Kim Hanson
    Well good news I located a After market "Second Effort" Lower case that will be rebuilt by the man with all new parts...not cheap but should handle the abuse...
    I have never heard of a second effort gear case but aparently it has the nose cone molded into it?
    Can anyone comment on this case?
    Thanks Kim...
    Never heard of that name before, but I live in the boon docks--Canada! The one they put in mine is stainless steel- racing jobby..nosecone slots are way wider than the other Bob one I had and it's duel feed high speed to keep it really cool......they changed the thermos state's to make it run hotter also
    My lower unit was used and all redone and it cost me $1600 bucks........( . )( . )..........

Jordy
    I'd talk to Lakeland in Havasu. They do, and have done, all the work on my 300X's since it's brand new. I drag it out there from Phoenix for them to work on it even. It's worth a try.

P P R
    I need a lower for my V8! If you know of a new or reblt one plz let me know. Thanks

Kim Hanson
    I need a lower for my V8! If you know of a new or reblt one plz let me know. Thanks
    V-6 gear case will work with a V8, if you are nice with it .......( . )( . )...........really nice !

P P R
    I better stick with a V8 then. Do you Know of any?

sxpilot
    Ok I got a Bad Ass one being build, its a V8 unit...
    Yes the V6 units will work but I understand you need to run a smaller pitch prop...? they have a smaller pinion gear set
    I know there is what looks to be a nice used V8 unit on Ebay right now, I talked to the guy for over an hour and he seems to know quit a bit on these engines...he has a good condition V8 lower for 600 bucks...I was going to buy it but its for a 25" and im not wanting to get into it...not to mention it dont have a nose cone either..
    Another option is the new Magnum Gear case made by Bombardier its a 1.85 ratio I believe? but its not cheap 3600.00 and you still need to do some mods to it...but is brand new and has an intergrated nose cone and low water pickup, bulit proof as I understand it..
    I would get the one off Ebay, replace the shafts and pump then send it too Bobs Machine and have them hook up the nose cone, you would probably have 1000 into it if the internals are good...
    I wish there was an after market unit, but as far as I can tell there isnt...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast