Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NOS manifold plumbing

superdave013
    red rocket, I would hope so. I did that one about 10 years ago. I'm sure even then it was not even close. but hey, at least I did it.

Mike, I really like the Wilson stuff too. Id like to use their parts but stay away from their labor.We will see what happens.
    Steelcomp, Im running shear plates and wedges under the carbs which make the plate system complicated.Besides, If I end up wanting to run a big shot Ill be all set up for that.

Red Rocket
    Thats not not what I was saying Iwas talking about the current stuff dave at DNE has been doing. I was not talking about your stuff.

steelcomp
    Mike, I really like the Wilson stuff too. Id like to use their parts but stay away from their labor.We will see what happens.
    Steelcomp, Im running shear plates and wedges under the carbs which make the plate system complicated.Besides, If I end up wanting to run a big shot Ill be all set up for that.
    Yeah, forgot about that. Nozzles are the only way to go, just a big step. I've bent a LOT f stainless, too, and just be sure to order extra, if you're going to do it yourself. The learning curve will be steep to start, but it's easy, once you get the hang. You're meticulous enough, I think you'd do a good job, and you have no shortage of help! Too many cooks, though....you know.

superdave013
    gee, that makes me feel better. lol The stuff I see Dave do is always top shelf.
    I know wilson's stuff is bad ass. Post up some pics of the ones you had done please. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see.

Red Rocket
    Steel I have plumbed a couple of port systems in the past, very time consuming and for the price they are doing it for I can't spend the time to do it myself

steelcomp
    red rocket, I would hope so. I did that one about 10 years ago. I'm sure even then it was not even close. but hey, at least I did it.Nice work, Dave. (two thumbs up) I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you at Ming. We'll definately have to hook up next year.

Nice work, Dave. (two thumbs up) I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you at Ming. We'll definately have to hook up next year.
    Scott ... I think you were there when Dave was in my pits ... maybe I am wrong ... but they (MikeF & Super) were there and you were ... I thought you were all around at the same time???
    Maybe not ... MikeF & Super were on bikes ... ring a bell???
    Chris ... I'd go with Super ... you'd learn a lot ... just my .02 ...

Define big build.
    Brad Anderson engine by Norm Grimes & a capsule ... goin' for that 200+ thing!

Jordy
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...background.jpg
    That's way too pretty to put in a boat and run. Something like that should be in a living room under glass.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast