Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spam Gears gears gears

Michael Minegar
    Opened up the box last night to get ready to install ratcheting device, Thanks to JJ Beaver. Anyway much to my dismay I found a set of 29 gears in it. They are 10 degree LH gears. I am not installing enough Smoke in the engine dept. to pull these. Anybody need these and maybe help me find some 15 to 18's???

sawtooth
    I was not aware there are left and right gears but I have a set of 18's that I would be willing to swap you for the 29's as long as they are in good shape IE, no blueing, rolled edges, etc. The 18's are in great shape, 10* with a 10 spline center hole.

beaverfab
    Mitch was there gaskets in the box, I found a set ready to shipp and think I may not put them in your box. let me know j.j.

Michael Minegar
    Sawtooth, These gears look really good except the large 40 tooth gear has some rust. I know it will clean off and I will do that and then take a good picture and you can look. They have not been overheated and there are no rolled edges. They are stamped LH on them and the big gear says 1.29 on it. The big gear also says 6.73 on it. The little gear says 31 tooth 6.73 and 1.29 and is stamped with the LH.

Michael Minegar
    No JJ no gaskets in the box. I'm sending the box to Dave Sammons to put together so You could ship the gaskets to him if you would like. I need the gaskets for the cases.

Carnivalride
    Sawtooth, These gears look really good except the large 40 tooth gear has some rust. I know it will clean off and I will do that and then take a good picture and you can look. They have not been overheated and there are no rolled edges. They are stamped LH on them and the big gear says 1.29 on it. The big gear also says 6.73 on it. The little gear says 31 tooth 6.73 and 1.29 and is stamped with the LH.
    6.73 is your date June of 1973, 40/31=1.29 is the gear ratio.

sawtooth
    Michael, I am not any good at posting pic's :burningm: so would it be OK if I just emailed you some pics of the 18's I have. Just let me know, Thanks Chris

GofastRacer
    I was not aware there are left and right gears but I have a set of 18's that I would be willing to swap you for the 29's as long as they are in good shape IE, no blueing, rolled edges, etc. The 18's are in great shape, 10* with a 10 spline center hole.
    A little FYI, gears come both left and right depending on whether you drive off the back or the front of the motor, but either will work fine!. From my experience used gears run in the opposite direction will whine a bit but new ones won't!..

BILLY.B
    Hey Sawtooth, don't you need a set of 9's, not 29's.????

sawtooth
    Careful there painter......I think 29's will work in both boats . Stopped by on the way to the lake last Fri. about 11ish.....you must have gone to a early lunch yeah that's it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast